New LWRC Six8A5 and hogs down!

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have an 8.5" barreled 6.8 but only use it 100yds and under and for standing still not moving hogs..I think the flames out the end may cook the closer hogs. Getting ready to sell it I guess as I only use for home defends now.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
This is what I have been preaching for years! Speed Kills!! Hydro-static shock reins supreme! Thank you Lawman.
Yes and no, I still by far prefer the heavier 120gr bullets over the lighter faster 90, 100 gr bullets. The 120's just knock them over better even in the sbr.

OneK

LSB Active Member
Staff member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It's nice but I loose about 200fps which considerably effects the temporary wound channel in balistic gel.
I thought you were just talking about speed???? Not bullet weight! Weight is a factor but in my opinion speed is a bigger factor as you have stated.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I thought you were just talking about speed???? Not bullet weight! Weight is a factor but in my opinion speed is a bigger factor as you have stated.
To a point I woulD still take the heavier slower bullet in most cases.

fanninland

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Does the present model 12.7" A5 have spiral flutes and a 12" hand guard? I'm assuming all are mid-length gas systems. Only asking as I was looking at some for sale on GB which appeared to have a shorter hand guard which exposed several inches of unfluted barrel. Maybe these were older models without the agb?

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Does the present model 12.7" A5 have spiral flutes and a 12" hand guard? I'm assuming all are mid-length gas systems. Only asking as I was looking at some for sale on GB which appeared to have a shorter hand guard which exposed several inches of unfluted barrel. Maybe these were older models without the agb?
Only 16" and up can get the spIraq fluted option. And the SBR's have a shorter handgard.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Did you introduce this too early? There still isn't anything about it on their website. If you have a link to any information I would appreciate it.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Did you introduce this too early? There still isn't anything about it on their website. If you have a link to any information I would appreciate it.
I don't have any link call them the old fashion way for now I guess.

OneK

LSB Active Member
Staff member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Coming in a few weeks!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

OneK

LSB Active Member
Staff member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

OneK

LSB Active Member
Staff member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'd give my right nut for one of these. Dr. Jones has yet to have a jam.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'd give my right nut for one of these. Dr. Jones has yet to have a jam.
Thats saying something the way he limp wrist everything.