New LWRC Six8A5 and hogs down!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Down goes Porky! Down goes Porky!!! Does the new version have a little better balance to it?

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
see what happens when i become a staff member?
Ya mean video of 09 hogs going down with a dozen shots/less... and no murdered dirt clods? Yeah!! I see!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Awesome shooting TLM. Some day I will be able to shoot like you.....NOT! Nice rifle too.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Some sharp shooting!! Good hogs down and nice rifle setup!

OneK

LSB Active Member
Staff member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Wow! Your hogs are gentle! Out here it's one shot standing then they reach 35 mph in ten feet. Good job lawdawg!! Smart idea blending the A5 with the Razorback. I guess the price went up as well though?

cletus

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice shooting. Can't wait to get back at it!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Wow! Your hogs are gentle! Out here it's one shot standing then they reach 35 mph in ten feet. Good job lawdawg!! Smart idea blending the A5 with the Razorback. I guess the price went up as well though?
I used the suppressor and picked the hogs in line where they wanted to go, so they lock up. Plus DJ has educated all of your hogs. It keeps them from learning when you kill them.

D

djones

Wow! Your hogs are gentle! Out here it's one shot standing then they reach 35 mph in ten feet.
i was actuaslly thinking the same thing. standing hogs, hobbled hogs trotting 3 mph, deaf hogs, pen raised hogs... yeah, you can pull that off on the magazine readers like thoz east tx boyz, but OinK and i ain't buyin. if you really want to find out what a razorII can do, send a couple out here. or better yet, bring a few out yourself and shoot with the pros. but don't be surprised after shooting next to me & OinK if lwrc doesn't throw rocks at you when you get back!

ps - must say tho, that IS a sweet ride

fanninland

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Once again, Tex-book shooting display.

The RBII looks great and must shoot same judging by the giggles you got when test firing on the video.

Have you had a chance to use a 12.7" barreled Six8 A5? I am toying with the idea of selling off several guns I never use just to fund one of those.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
DJ has shot and missed his hogs so many times they know what to do...TLM kills them to stop the learning process,,,HUGE Difference! Love the new Six8 and again great hunting/shooting skills

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Once again, Tex-book shooting display.

The RBII looks great and must shoot same judging by the giggles you got when test firing on the video.

Have you had a chance to use a 12.7" barreled Six8 A5? I am toying with the idea of selling off several guns I never use just to fund one of those.

Yes I've been using the 12.7" Six8A5 for over a year now. It's nice but I loose about 200fps which considerably effects the temporary wound channel in balistic gel. I can also tell a difference in the effect on hogs. Shot placement is more critical. You wouldn't think 200fps would make that much of a difference. For short barreled rifles this year I'm going to try the shhhhhh, 300 blackout, .308win, and hopefully a 7.62x39. See how they stack up against the 6.8spc. I think in 16" barrels the 6.8 is pretty hard to beat not so sure on the short barrels though.

fanninland

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks, that is good to know. I really like the *** 12.5" barrel, it's my go-to for suppressed night hunting. However, for grins I recently switched the can over to the 16" *** that Eric built for me in his Ident days (it's scoped for day work and is always under the truck's back seat) and in addition to being a bit quieter, bullets seemed to depart with a bit more zest. Yet the SBR is nice for getting in/out vehicles a jillion times per night hunt....there's always a tradeoff I guess.

I'll stand by for reports on the alt calibers, a .308 SBR should be exciting.

OneK

LSB Active Member
Staff member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I can also tell a difference in the effect on hogs. Shot placement is more critical. You wouldn't think 200fps would make that much of a difference.

This is what I have been preaching for years! Speed Kills!! Hydro-static shock reins supreme! Thank you Lawman.