My top 4 suppressor picks over the last year.

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good video as always. Like how you included barrel length for different calibers that they are rated at. Most only list the 5.56 and 300WTF. Nice to see so many companies getting into the suppressor game.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice video. Just a "here it is, this is what it does". Thanks for this one.

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I've been thinking of getting a surge just because I've always liked SWR products.

Glad you validated my thoughts.

Ncorry

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Any idea on minimum barrel length for the Sig can? I've never gotten a straight answer on it. I'm in the market for a light 308 can rated for a 12.5" 308.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Any idea on minimum barrel length for the Sig can? I've never gotten a straight answer on it. I'm in the market for a light 308 can rated for a 12.5" 308.

I could not find it myself. Will be at the NRA show this weekend if I can remember I'll ask them.

fanninland

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
As usual, great video and very informative. This may be an incorrect assumptuon, but it seems to me that you tend to gravitate more towards the mid to heavier/longer end of the spectrum for hunting uses. If so, would this be due to you preferring more sound reduction/better tone over less weight/length?

The reason I'm asking is because I currently hunt with one of the lighter, shorter cans (Crux Nemisis30 at about 6", 11oz I think) but am considering getting another can before 41p. Been looking for another light can (YHM ULT) but also considering the Sig, or even the beastly Surge. I have an Ident MkIII which is about the same size as the Crux and IMO has better tone, but it's almost twice as heavy so is relegated to use on my backup/loaner 5.56 SBR. While not the quietest, the Crux allows me to shoot hearing safe (IMO, for me at least) on my 6.8 SBR and easily hear my hits.

If you were to venture a recommendation for a shorter/lighter can, what would it be?

Ncorry

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
TLM, love the video as usual. I had to watch most of it while muted (office environment) so don't know if you included the weights of the brake/ FH mounts for the Griffin Alpha (1.8; total of 16.3oz) or Rugged Surge (2.3; 23.3oz for 9"/ 19.8oz for 7.5").

It amazes me that a lot of the manufacturers will not list the weights of the QD/ FH/ brake attachments on their sites. Some are substantial! The YHM QD FH is 5oz for the Phantom and ULT cans- that's 35% of what the cans weigh; The Griffin brake at 1.8oz is the lightest OEM attachment I've found. The Crux brake for the Nemesis and Ark are evidently 4oz- a 40% addition to the weight of the Nemesis.

I know you reviewed the Sig SRD762Ti and not the QD model, but do you happen to know what their brakes weigh? I really like Sig pistols, but their not listing barrel length restrictions or brake weights is starting to sour me. I've sent e-mails to no avail.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
As usual, great video and very informative. This may be an incorrect assumptuon, but it seems to me that you tend to gravitate more towards the mid to heavier/longer end of the spectrum for hunting uses. If so, would this be due to you preferring more sound reduction/better tone over less weight/length?

The reason I'm asking is because I currently hunt with one of the lighter, shorter cans (Crux Nemisis30 at about 6", 11oz I think) but am considering getting another can before 41p. Been looking for another light can (YHM ULT) but also considering the Sig, or even the beastly Surge. I have an Ident MkIII which is about the same size as the Crux and IMO has better tone, but it's almost twice as heavy so is relegated to use on my backup/loaner 5.56 SBR. While not the quietest, the Crux allows me to shoot hearing safe (IMO, for me at least) on my 6.8 SBR and easily hear my hits.

If you were to venture a recommendation for a shorter/lighter can, what would it be?
I've never used that can so I can not comment, I do want the can to sound good but I also like lighter and shorter if possible, that is why the Alpha is there it's a good combo of sound size and weight.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I like GA and Rugged products! Need to save some cash before 41F

Jeremy M.

Administrator
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sorry I just saw this. Sig hasn't officially released barrel restrictions. On a recent visit the said there was not a barrel restriction. Their warranty is go so I would run it.

Jeremy M.

Administrator
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Silencer Shop has my $$$ in hand now for a Rugged Surge 762 & tax stamp.
Now I get in line to wait for the ATF again....;)

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I was fortunate enough to hear all 4 being shot and got to hunt with 2 of them, the Sig 762ti was very impressive and will probably be my choice for a dedicated 6.8 can, but they all sounded awesome.