My First Hog!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
How 'bout that ! Congrats on the first hog young lady, nice shot ! I guess that means you get to buy cookies for dear ol' dad and The Hessian this time. Ok, Angry Bird too, since he earned his keep as well.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Way to go!! Congrats young Lady, you got quite a Dad there!

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah, she did good. Turns out she has some pretty good blood tracking skills. I didn't let her crawl through the woods last night, but when we went back today, we retraced the entire trail to where we lost sign and when the Hessian showed up, she led him through it like she owned the place. The two of them worked together very well finding sign we had missed last night and between the three of us leapfrogging each other to find sign, we managed to get to the hog pretty quickly.

The only good thing about the long trek is that the hog finally wound around and was headed toward the bone yard where the hog was split open and offered up to the T.B.P.S.

Galveston340

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very Nice!! Good sized pig for a first kill and good to hear of her tracking skills.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats! Proud dad I bet!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats 200 pounds is a big hog! I have a feeling we are going to be seeing some more hunting videos from you real soon!

If yall look at the 1:46 mark you can see the intestines hanging out the side, same thing again at the slow mo ending.

Hard_ware

Here piggy piggy! Deep Deep S. TX.
Great job!

Now looks like dad will need to be buying thermal scopes for two :)

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yup I saw that was wondering what was dangling when it was running away!!! Way to go youngen that is a heck of a first hog!!! Nice shootin and a BIG GOOD ON YA!!!!!! BANG BANG!!!!

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats Slayerbeall! Dad hasn't figured it out yet, he thinks that new 2x Zeus is his new spotter scope. He just has to build a new Grendel to put under it for his newest hunting partner. I'm sure he won't mind one little bit though. I got my first thermal scope several weeks ago but it's been raining everyday for over 3 weeks now. So your 1 pig ahead of me on the thermal kill list right now. Congrats again on your first pig, and don't worry about the tracking, it happens to the best, and is actually good experience for when you need it on that great big buck.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
If yall look at the 1:46 mark you can see the intestines hanging out the side, same thing again at the slow mo ending.

Apparently if you have that stuff hanging out of you, you don't want to try running through briars. They are NOT forgiving. All that stuff hanging out was gone by the time we found the hog and the pics I took were only a sample of what was along the trail.

Weird terminal ballistics on this one. We even cut away several sections of hide around the shoulder to look for a possible entry point other than the hole next to the blowout and found nothing. It was like the bullet went in and exploded near the surface, creating the huge exit wound and blowing stuff inside.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
nice job, very safe.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Great job! Well ahead of me already this year. Keep knocking them down.

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great family time, good job Dad, great shooting SlayerBeall.

fanninland

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great job ma'am - nothing better than hunting with the fam!

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Great job little lady! Way to go on a good shot and sticking it out on the blood trail. Make sure to thank your dad for the opportunity and sharing time with you. It's good to see parents hunting with their kids.