Mistic X

SteveR

LSB Member
Does anyone have any experience with the Mistic X by Liberty? I'm waiting on an Omega but I've gotten the bug for a second one (dang things are as bad as Black Rifle Disease ). It's a long story why I'm considering the Mistic X but basically it's the versatility that has my attention, and I'd like info from someone more knowledgeable than myself, which is just about everyone. Thanks for any input.

Dnewcomb929

I have an Omega currently and have a Mystic X in nfa jail. Like you want the versatility of the Mystic.
It'a great can but if I'd have figured in the cost of all the different mounts I'd have gotten a Griffen Optimus or if you shoot
45 cal. guns a SiCo Hybrid. They both at come with mounts that, after purchased, make the cost of the Mystic higher
than the other cans. My cost for 1 direct thread mount and the can was not much less then a Hybrid that has the DT
5/8x24 and booster housing that come with it.

Ncorry

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Have the Mystic X for 18 months or so. I found that it uses the same mounts as my old SWR Trident and have used boosters and DT adapters back and forth. Liberty also makes a 45 caliber version of the Mystic X. I've used the Mystic on my 9.5" 300BLK as my go-to hunting rig for a long time before getting a 6.8 SBR. Occasionally use it on 9mm pistol and a 357 handi rifle. Obviously it suppresses better on the .355" diameter range than the .308 supers, but it does a passable job on the 300BLK supers. Basically, I have nothing bad to say about it and don't regret buying it. As soon as I got it in hand, I got one of Liberty's Leonidas integrals. Wow, it is fantastic.

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I prefer a baffle can than a monocore design especially for the hunting can. Monocore cans typically have more first round pop than a baffle design. How ever it is hard to beat the prices sometimes.

My other experience with these multi caliber cans is they suppress everything OK but nothing great. Plus it sux switching a can from gun to gun and swapping mounts, end caps, etc. Not to mention potential POI shift in hunting rigs when swapping the can around.

I have found I like to leave the can on the gun all the time, which inspired a suppressed SBR. SBR's unsuppressed suck even with ear pro.

SteveR

LSB Member
Thanks everyone. The more I research this the more my head hurts. I'm kind of looking at the Optimus now but I'm also considering one for 5.56 that can also be disassembled for .22lr.