M&P 10 Stock Replacement

Cazz

US Army Veteran, Hunting Addict
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Anybody know exactly what I need to order to make a Magpul PRS stock fit on my Smith and Wesson M&P 10? I'm way over my head here....

Jake

Bandera, Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
What stock is currently on your rifle? I'm assuming you have a collapsible in which case you will need a rifle length extension tube, rifle length buffer, and rifle length buffer spring.

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Cazz

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
What stock is currently on your rifle? I'm assuming you have a collapsible in which case you will need a rifle length extension tube, rifle length buffer, and rifle length buffer spring.
Thanks! Currently on it is the six-position collapsible that comes standard with the M&P10 model 811311. I read that I might also need some kind of buffer tube insert? from S&W and have sent them a message asking about that.

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks! Currently on it is the six-position collapsible that comes standard with the M&P10 model 811311. I read that I might also need some kind of buffer tube insert? from S&W and have sent them a message asking about that.

I haven't personally installed the PRS but I have installed A2 rifle stocks and ace skeleton rifle stocks. Specs on the PRS say it does not need the insert which is required for A2 rifle length stocks. Also you will need a castle nut wrench to remove your current buffer tube. You might want somebody with ar experience to help you as there are a couple detents and springs you have to be careful with. If you want to tackle it by yourself there are plenty of youtube videos to walk you through it.

Cazz

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks. I have sent out an APB to my rescue team. Help is on the way!