LSB / ************** Big Pig Contest.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Good Job lots of hairy hogs this year I keep waiting for the cold they seem to think is coming.

The cold the hogs have been waiting for arrived today. It's been 25 degrees all day here and isn't getting any warmer over the next 2 days.

Hogs are looking great guys! Keep them coming!

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well??? We should see a whole bunch of biguns in the AM. The weather kind of backed off a little so maybe some monsters will shot tonight or tomorrow!!:) BANG BANG!!

fanninland

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well fellas, the weather here is absolutely a mess (33 deg & a steady rain to melt last night's snow) so it's not likely I'll get out tonight to look for ole' big boy. Here is his little brother I got last night. Easy spot with the thermal as he was alone on a hilltop. Stalk to about 40 yds (so ninja quiet in the snow) and a 120sst to the bow, as he was facing directly towards me and wouldn't rotate. Measured 44", which puts him around 240 lbs if my calcumalator is ginning correctly.

photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG photo 3.JPG photo 4.JPG

I've recently seen glimpses of a much larger boar at this same place, but he eluded me twice. I was in hopes of getting him and maybe making a run at the ***
barrel, but hey as Doris Day so elequently put it "que sera, sera". Congrats to the winner - a 291 lb hog is a big one for sure! This was a great idea for a contest. Thanks TLM and Harrison - I hope it becomes an annual event.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats... now, go get his big brother.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very nice hog, nice going and thanks for posting up the picture!! He's a dandy!!BANG BANG!!

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well on a side note, my dad texted me this morning (technically yesterday) and said he saw a 275-300# muscular black boar with Russian charactaristics and specifically a 4 inch ridge back rooting around his back pasture for about 5-10 mins around 10 am! My step mom saw him first and thought he was a calf until she realized his neck was too short and he was too hunched over. He didn't try to shoot it off his back porch bc it was too muddy and cold to deal with and he knew I'd be making my way up there several times this spring/summer hopefully for him. Hopefully this hog is on game camera when my dad checks it in a few days (he had 2 feeders throwing at 9 pm and 11 pm on 65 acres). If so I'll post pics.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Tonight is the last night good luck!
Doesn't through March 1st mean all of today also?? BANG BANG!! Just asking do not want to start a riot. I might go get a huge hog tonight. Ya like that will happen, don't worry absolutely no threat here!!!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Is the contest over, I was just sandbagging waiting for the right moment to pop that behemoth then...bam it's over. Sad day.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Unless I missed something here MC68 won the contest! Congrats and again a very nice boar just shows how hard it is to get a wild hog over 250 pounds!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats to the winner !

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
clap, clap clap...well done Sir!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice job, wish I had made it a contest. I never even got out of the starting gate.