Killed a coyote in my underwear this morning

SteveR

LSB Member
First of all BRD and Rgilbert,no, the coyote wasn't wearing my underwear. Now that we have that cleared up, I was standing on my porch this morning in my Fruit of the Looms drinking my first cup of coffee watching the world come alive. That's one of the benefits of living in the country that's generally frowned on in the city, although I've heard that doesn't always stop Gilbert. Anyway, I saw something out near the tree where I stake out my hog kills and when I took a closer look Coyote male 9-26-14.1R.jpg with the binoculars I saw it was a mangy coyote apparently looking for a pork breakfast. Well, I went inside and got my trusty rifle and when I came back out it started trotting off. I gave it my best wounded rabbit squawk and it turned sideways and stopped long enough for me to get a shot off and it went down.

I went inside and got dressed (a middle aged chubby guy wearing nothing but his skivvies and cowboy boots would look just way too silly even if there's not anyone around to see it ) and went out to admire my work. I got this guy at a measured 185 yards. So it was a beautiful morning, I made a pretty respectable shot, had a dead coyote on a payday Friday. Not a bad way to start the weekend.

Last edited:

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice job! We thank you for not posing with him in your fruities and boots!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Cowboy hat, boots, whitey tighteys, ar15, and a dead coyote pic would have gone viral!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I just don't know what to say to all that. Nice job!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So? We have a half-naked/mangy 'yote shot by a half-naked/mangy cowboy? 'bout sum it up? Nice shot just the same, congrats.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You know, I am doing the mental show of what I understand to have gone on...and I find it hilarious and a little disturbing. It gets funnier and more disturbing as the underwear gets smaller.

And I now have to live with these thoughts.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
you really want to crackup, send him a pair of speedos for the next time...

SteveR

LSB Member
You know, I am doing the mental show of what I understand to have gone on...and I find it hilarious and a little disturbing. It gets funnier and more disturbing as the underwear gets smaller.

Sorry guys, I didn't mean to drive anyone onto the psychiatrist's couch. I just figured if ya'll could take rgilbert telling you about getting stabbed in the butt-ocks that your sense of humor must be as warped as ours.o_O

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB

Don't you know that the first rule is "don't visualize". Once you do, you can't un-see it.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
But so much of the excitement is in the visual imagery of the story.

Oh course to make matters even worse, I painted SteveR in my mindscape as being fish-belly white to go along with his middle-aged and chubby description...and that made it all the worse.

However, the important thing is that this disturbingly clad man made a fine shot on a varmint at long range and that is what matters.

Aspp

Central California
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That's common practice here... I even have a few well placed holes in the screen for when its too cold to step outside!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My problem would be as an old man and have taken my water pills drinking coffee, I would be peeing off the porch thus alerting or taking too much time for aiming and peeing to have gotten the shot off in a timely manner...

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Yep, that's how we roll! Good job.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
But so much of the excitement is in the visual imagery of the story.

Oh course to make matters even worse, I painted SteveR in my mindscape as being fish-belly white to go along with his middle-aged and chubby description...and that made it all the worse.

However, the important thing is that this disturbingly clad man made a fine shot on a varmint at long range and that is what matters.
oh, so you have met him

Gilbert gets the two of us mixed up as we look a lot alike.

Chris

LSB Member
Very nice, I sure wish I lived in a place I could shoot from my porch in my birthday suit....no neighbors! !!