IPHONE GPS?? HAPPY THANKSGIVING too!!:)

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Wife got me an IPhone?? the flip phone is dead. Started to look at GPS type apps and there are many to choose from. Read reviews and all that, other than just picking one thought I would ask and see what some/most whatever is being used these days. Thanks in advance. HAPPY THANKSGIVING to everyone!! BANG BANG!!!

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I use google map, and it takes me right to where I pit in. To include FM roads, etc.
As far as GPS aps, go to the app area and look at each one and what you need. I have a military grade hand hel Garmin that is flawless, but seldom used except overseas. there is an app called GPS Kit, and it works well. I use Google earth, run a Lat, Lon and enter it and see if it works, and it works perfectly.

EGarza04

El Sauz, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
What I have seen people with Apple devices use is motionx. You can save waypoints, tracks, routes, and export them to a computer or other device to back them up or use on multiple devices if you want.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Google Maps have been around for awhile and that is one of them that stood out when reading the reviews. BANG BANG!!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I would go back to the flip phone and glue a small compass to the outside, and maybe some reflective tape on the back.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Eleven years I had that thing and never even had to replace the battery. The GPS thingy is a thought, do not know if I would even use it do not get about to often. Thought it would be fun to have though the darn thing has more STUFF on there than I would ever use or even open for that matter. You can make and receive calls from it, that seems to work good. BANG BANG!!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Curly, all they are now is a small computer and the phone is really just a built in app that works pretty good most times.