I apologize...Beg My Pard

Status
Not open for further replies.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
lol, it means you have your head so far up someones butt that you need a snorkel to breath :D
Oh, so like a guy that needs a cranial rectonomy?

lonepunman

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Although my opinion was not requested, I am neutral on this issue.

A few observations:

There appears to be two viewpoints regarding HR's being booted from the forum, not necessarily opposed.

"He's young, and doesn't understand personal accountability. Give him a break".

"He's young, and doesn't understand personal accountability. This is how he learns."

Each is valid; I suppose your individual perspective as a result of how you learned: Being instructed in the error of your ways and shown grace, or being smacked around until you learned how to treat people with respect.

As one views TLM's videos and comments, his position is clear for both field and forum: You ALONE are accountable for everything that comes out of your muzzle and mouth. It does not matter whether you INTENDED to do damage; a cow does not "misinterpret" the round that kills him instead of the hog.

HR's video and forum comments appear to reflect his personal view of potential collateral damage. His apology post's signature is "Hog Rush, LLC". Limited liability seems to be his recurring theme.

First word typed by HR on this forum: "Epic", referring to his own work.

His first post back online points to other's people's negative impact on him (mentors passing on, abrasive colleagues at work). The second begins by citing his "wealth of everything TLM mentioned" (which was...?) and ends with his intention to use the LSB forum as a venue for a video blog of his new shop. The latest post ends with an unrequested and entirely unrelated claim of 1500 hog kills.

Me? I'm kind of like the guy stuck in traffic when someone pulls up next to me blasting his speakers.

I have no interest in yanking the speakers out of his car (although it would be quite amusing to watch hdfireman do so); I just turn on my radio and ignore it.

An officer has warned him, written him up, and now he's back on the road.

Wonder what's gonna happen.

Stay tuned...

Last edited:

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Welcome back Hog rush. To clarify, I asked the question that fired off the situation here. I don't know any of your past forum encounters so I'm not biased. I asked if you used sticks because I was impressed with how stable the video was. I was trying to pay you a compliment, but your responses were pretty brash/arrogant. I wasn't truly offended. More so surprised. I didn't ask to have you band, that just happened.

I am of the mindset that everyone makes mistakes. It's the way we learn from them is what shows our true colors. I hope to see more of your videos in the future and maybe we can all learn a thing or two from each other.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
The written word has no voice inflection to help clarify what your intentions were. During my career as a LEO I'm sure I offended someone when I did not intend to. I was called out on it more than once. I does take a good person to admit the where sorry. I say give him another chance.

HOG RUSH

HR's video and forum comments appear to reflect his personal view of potential collateral damage. His apology post's signature is "Hog Rush, LLC". Limited liability seems to be his recurring theme.

First word typed by HR on this forum: "Epic", referring to his own work.

His first post back online points to other's people's negative impact on him (mentors passing on, abrasive colleagues at work). The second begins by citing his "wealth of everything TLM mentioned" (which was...?) and ends with his intention to use the LSB forum as a venue for a video blog of his new shop. The latest post ends with an unrequested and entirely unrelated claim of 1500 hog kills.

"Our next award in the second annual Hog Forum Recognition Academy, goes to a man of pure intellect. A man of wisdom and rational perspective. This man can overthink everyone on the internet.
The award for HOG FORUM THINKER...goes to...
in jest...please beg my pard
But seriously. Without any further conversation to show why my short answer was misinterpreted regarding the shooting sticks, we would be back to where it started. Short answers... that would sound like in written text, that I was talking down because I did not elaborate or left out an adverb or two.
So, I will break this down a little further for you and tell you why I posted what I did.
Mentors Passing:
Kinda takes the gas out of you and limits your tolerance for annoying things like buttsnorkelers, pillow biters, Fags, and people who smile all the time. Might also limit one's patience and desire to explain their views past a few words or sentences.

To me, it went further, it focused my desire to live everyday with the intention of being better than when I woke up. To make sure I accomplished something during that day that would move my family another step or two forward towards our next goal. It has not always turned out that way, but the desire is always there. Discipline.

EPIC:
I must admit and this goes with what I am trying to tone down. Pride. I have been humbled.

Abrasive Colleagues:
These are not colleagues or coworkers. Just your everyday jackasses. Customers, codgers, and cohorts. I call them jackass as a badge of honor btw. Not as an insult. Sometimes I go to a local breakfast joint and sit down and converse with local Codgers. Most are in their 70's. Educational and no topic is off limits for the most part. Thin skin gets scorched. I share Hog Meat with them and help them when they need my help.

New Shop Blog and 1500 plus kills:
This is not boasting as I assume you were implying. Just an accomplishment and ongoing project I am proud and blessed to be a part of. I feel with sharing it, I might be able to learn a few things with viewer feedback and possibly teach others.

BTW, killing like we do seems to desensitize to a certain point. I mentioned that to try and put those offended in my perspective. Not as an excuse, but maybe as a way to show why I may have been so short in answers.

COWS and DEER in field while shooting:
Someone mentioned this so I will address it here. I never shoot with livestock in field. Nor would I shoot a place that has livestock. There might be adjoining land with cows, but this adds to the numerous reasons I shoot a 5.56mm.

Deer for the most part are not bothered by me. I am not a threat to them. So yes, there might be a deer or two in fields. However, I possess the discipline, character, and awareness, to not shoot a deer. I could go on about Deer, but it may offend someone so I refrain.

I hope this answers any questions about my intentions.
So, if anyone has a question about the following subjects, I am more than willing to help, I am no expert but know a little about:

Metal Lathe 101
Metal Milling 101
CNC whatever 101
Tig Welding 101
Electrical wiring 101
Plumbing 101
Rifle marksmanship 101
Pistol Marksmanship 101
Gun Smithing 101
Auto mechanics 101
Electronics 101
Heavy equipment mechanics 101
Investigations 101
Concrete finishing 101
General building construction 101

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Mentors Passing:
Kinda takes the gas out of you and limits your tolerance for annoying things like buttsnorkelers, pillow biters, Fags, and people who smile all the time. Might also limit one's patience and desire to explain their views past a few words or sentences.

A lot of of people have lost mentors. Mine where my Grandfather and Great Grandfather, lost them 3 weeks apart in 2011. That doesn't give me an excuse or a right to talk down to people. As a matter of fact they would be extremely disappointed in me if I did.

Epic: I must admit and this goes with what I am trying to tone down. Pride. I have been humbled.

There is nothing wrong with pride Sir but with pride should come integrity. Acting bigger or better than someone when you know nothing about them shows zero integrity or character

BTW, killing like we do seems to desensitize to a certain point. I mentioned that to try and put those offended in my perspective. Not as an excuse, but maybe as a way to show why I may have been so short in answers.

It should make us desensitized to killing a destructive animal not being an ass. If you can't separate the 2 maybe you should stop hunting.

I am for giving someone a second chance if they are truly sorry, just don't like to hear excuses. Hope you can get it together and be part of this great forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.