I apologize...Beg My Pard

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOG RUSH

For those who caught my lack luster posts on the Epic Hog hunt video thread:

I apologize if my comments offended some people. I am actually a fun loving person who enjoys the outdoors and teaching what I know. I also try to encourage others but some times get off the beaten path.

I am used to people questioning the validity and my gear choice on other forums and I guess was a bit on edge and in defense mode. I have not been on the forums in a while as I have been working on a few projects.

Although I stick by my views on shooting and striving for perfection, I see after some time that I was harsh to come out with what some consider inconsiderate conversation.

I have struggled in the past with being able to put myself in others shoes and understand their capabilities. I think a lot of that left me when my mentors passed on. Most of the time I am surrounded by type A personalities in my daily life and there is some really harsh conversation. Jabs at each other has become a way of showing admiration for one another and strict criticism makes us become better at anything we do. Lots of thick skin. I think the only thing off limits is cracking on Moms and kids.

So when I came here and was asked questions, I should have considered the audience and others feelings before answering in such a harsh way.

In short, I apologize.

Hoop

Hog Rush, LLC.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hoop it's not your choice of equipment, it's how you talk down to people. This forum was formed so people could share ideas, story's, ect.

There is a lot of thick skin here but when you do not know someone it can be taken the wrong way.

We love your videos and you are welcome here long as you respect the other members.

HOG RUSH

Understood. I have a wealth of all you mentioned and would like to share them. Thank you for understanding. If my account is unlocked I will do just that and share my experiences and data. Please do not retype my posts. I was surprised to see that.

In the next few months, I will post a link to a video blog on the transformation of my new shop. I hope everyone will find it entertaining. It has been fun working on it.

I rarely meet a stranger.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You so far are the only person who has been banned from this forum your account was totally deleted not locked so there is nothing to unlock. I may be able to change it from my PC but won't be able to look until Sunday.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Welcome back and look forward to your videos and learning from your experience.

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I can be harsh at times but my opinion is you attacked people here for no reason. Someone asked if you used sticks and they asked that because the video was really stable. A simple "no sir I don't" would have worked fine but instead you started talking down to people. That wasn't misinterpreted, it was what you said and actually said it 3 times. I use sticks to shoot most of the time because I am watching the hogs for a while or waiting on people to get ready but anytime you wanna go to the gym with me feel free, then we can see who's talking smack. I have seen the way you talk down to folks on other forums and honestly hope that LSB continues your ban!!!!!!!! My .02

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
ah comeon give the young man a chance, I think he could be fun if he learns how to talk to people

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
To give me perspective, since I'm a 'type A' personality, the original post never offended me, I guess so many years of competition, motorcycle road racing, jet ski's, 3-gun, IPSC, IDPA, archery, etc., I thought about it as practice makes perfect. Sure the wording could have been different, but I have friends that can't elaborate, what comes out of their mouths isn't the way they wanted to put it lol.

And of course I know I'm pretty harsh at times. I've said to others that on forums, text messages, emails, etc., you can't read emotion in to it. And as my saying goes, that I got from an Air Force Colonel, 'Don't take it personal, don't make it personal'. I live in a world of facts, I don't have any tolerance for kissasses, buttsnorkelers, or those that pretend they know what they are talking about and post just for numbers.

Welcome back HR. HR, that reminds me of Human Resources where I worked, talk about trying to figure them out.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Most here are type A's. It had nothing to do with the original post or shooting sticks, it had to do with his history of talking down to people on other forums. You can have your opinions and state them without talking down to people.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It takes a real man to admit he made a mistake. We have done the same thing in our lives. It takes a bigger person to change there position. welcome.

HOG RUSH

Please understand, I never targeted anyone. Nor did I intend for what I thought was an honest answer to be taken as I was "Talking down" to anyone.

Some get it, some never will. I cannot remember the last time I was ever offended by loose talk. It had to be in Junior high or something. So that emotion evades me. But, I have come to realize that its not what you say, its how you say it.

Seeing over 1500 Hogs Die at my hand probably didn't add any sensitivity either. Probably gonna have to answer for that one day.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
To give me perspective, since I'm a 'type A' personality, the original post never offended me, I guess so many years of competition, motorcycle road racing, jet ski's, 3-gun, IPSC, IDPA, archery, etc., I thought about it as practice makes perfect. Sure the wording could have been different, but I have friends that can't elaborate, what comes out of their mouths isn't the way they wanted to put it lol.

And of course I know I'm pretty harsh at times. I've said to others that on forums, text messages, emails, etc., you can't read emotion in to it. And as my saying goes, that I got from an Air Force Colonel, 'Don't take it personal, don't make it personal'. I live in a world of facts, I don't have any tolerance for kissasses, buttsnorkelers, or those that pretend they know what they are talking about and post just for numbers.

Welcome back HR. HR, that reminds me of Human Resources where I worked, talk about trying to figure them out.
What's a butt snorkeler?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL @ Dan...good, very good

bearhunter

les give the young man another run,as texaslawman said takes some grit to say I was going about things wrong, you never really got to me but am told am to plain spoken at times, bring on the videos and les kill some pigs and have fun, and guys like you and todd can teach us a thing or too.

Status
Not open for further replies.