Hunting Programs

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Base line question...
What are your favorite hunting shows and what networks are they on?

Why am I asking? We will be dumping our cable company and likely changing over to Verizon Vios. We did not have a lot of hunting show options in our old package with our evil cable company, but have the chance to get new networks/channels and hence new shows. Simply put, I don't know what my options really are, what is good, what isn't, what I should be looking for when selecting a "package" from Verizon.

While at it, if anyone around has any additional insights in Vios, feel free to share.

Thanks guys!

EGarza04

El Sauz, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I stopped watching hunting shows years ago. I started paying too close attention to too many and started noticing different animals pre and post kill shot. After I saw it once I started noticing it more and more. I really haven't seen many hunting shows since.

When I did have TV we paid for the outdoor channel for all the non hunting programs though. Only down side was there was lots of reruns.

histopicker

St. George, Utah
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Brian; I have not had paid tv for about two years now. I was surprised to learn how much tv I didn't have to watch. I might be missing out on a lot but somehow don't think so. The biggest down side is I will not be aware when the zombies are attacking!
To obtain the tiers that hold the programming I desire would cost me way to much. I play guitar and banjo instead. I know this is not the info you are looking for but I do have experience with Verizon. I'll sum it up; GRIEF.

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I take these shows with a grain of salt. I watch to learn. I absorb the useful knowledge and throw off the BS. Most of the scenes and info in these shows do not apply to the NW Fla style of hunting or the size and movement habits of our deer here.

I have long since concluded that the ONLY WAY to have a plot like the ones you see on the hunting shows is to put thousands of dollars into the lime,fert,seed...and have a quarter million dollars of planting equipment. THEN.......high fence the entire plot and allow it to grow big and tall until you take down the fence 3 days before opening day.

Bottom line.......it's all about the money,you can see it in Jackie Bushman's eyes and hear it in his voice. He's just gotta be a "girlie man". ---- pruhdlr

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Okay, so nobody is coming over to watch. Got it, LOL!

Fortunately, the question is moot. We ended up with the entire package as it was less than what cable was costing us...and here is the critical part, with better internet speeds.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My TV is on Fox news or the Sportsman's channel, drives the wife crazy!