Houdini The Great dissappearing Boar

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The grass was super high again this weekend, so I found a hilltop where I cold look down into the fields and spot the hogs. Houdini first showed up in the field following the fence line that paralleled in front of me. Right as he was entering my kill zone he just vanished!

After seeing nothing more of him for several minutes I went to look for him. Finally I found him again he was back to the trees where he first came out. Afraid to lose him I picked up the pace, but when I got close he was gone again. Thinking he was gone for good I started walking back to my truck but then I caught a flash of black moving out in the center of the field. It was him he had zigged when I zagged and was moving quickly away from me into the wind.

Every time I got close he wold disappear again. He finally hit a fence where we added hog panels and I closed the distance at 100 yards I took the shot he went down Dead Right There one 120SST to the neck. The measuring method says he was 255 pounds, and he ad some nice cutters.

Here is the video

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOOK at THAT a real TV hunter commenting at the spot of the kill over his prey, just needed to pose w a stick in his mouth! Very good Todd, well done!

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Great job. We have a couple here that are pulling the same thing.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Great story Todd. Was his cutter on the other side that big? I'd definitely be digging this out for a mount. Good video also.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great story Todd. Was his cutter on the other side that big? I'd definitely be digging this out for a mount. Good video also.
Yes the top one on the other side was missing the tip. I'll get the head next trip after the buzzards and ants have cleaned it up.

dehoganator

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
phantom hog there, with long cutters....sheeeeshes