he ate his last melon

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yeah we want to learn from all of you, what works for on might not work for another...sorta like calling hogs.
Yesterday on Sportsman channel "In Pursuit of Legends", the guys were hunting yotes. A sounder of hogs crossed the field going away from them and he turned his fox pro on to piglet in distress and turned the hogs around w the call, they came back into range and he got a couple killed. Said it was the first time he had tried it but the fox pro certainly called them in, made them turn around and come back...I thought of Glenn Guess doing it for years and getting beat up for it!

dehoganator

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Ok FrankT this ones for you, 'if you use timer feeders you got to use funnels.
I'll fees up if it's guessed why or just take to heart.

How about lets have a winner guesser
..that person and a friend can come out in August on the corn harvest..wack'em n sack'em hunt.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So what is the question? Why do we use funnels in feeders?

dehoganator

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Yeah, two part answer.

Like what happens if you don't

dehoganator

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Lawman you don't get to guess, your invited tho.

sjb67

Mineral Wells, Texas
LoneStarBoars Supporter
keeps the corn from sitting in the edges and getting moldy. keeps corn pushed to the center so it feeds reliably to the spinner plate

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sounds like a hunt
keeps the corn from sitting in the edges and getting moldy. keeps corn pushed to the center so it feeds reliably to the spinner plate
That was my guess if hes talking about the funnel in the feeder. But who knows?!?!?! I'm very curious now.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sorry just saw this. The funnel feeds the corn to the throw plate correctly, you can move the plate up and down for more or less corn. As someone already said it helps funnel the corn spiraling and mixing till the last flat spot on the barrel.

dehoganator

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
NCM_0167.JPG NCM_0170.JPG Ok guys it says running out of all bait on the label. There are reasons for that...and this feeder don't leak water in ! One edge on a feeder without a funel is it takes about a week I guess to trickle more corn out holding the hogs instead of out of corn hogs move.

Hit between the eye and ear, distance was when I was tired of waking in plowed up sand, farther than normal I'd say.
Opposing side the typical 40 grain mushroom exit is below the ear hole, just inside the blood circle. There are several other exits , 1 inch left of his corner of his eye 4" below that, and looked like some on his snout. Bout a 6.5 inch wide frag field

Last edited:

dehoganator

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Booyhaa busted one of the workers steeling , carrying a sack out, must be maters. Bet he is run off. The farmer lets him stay here thru the week, no respect. One thief, one hog....I feel like its time to go home.

TRIGGER

Ok FrankT this ones for you, 'if you use timer feeders you got to use funnels.
I'll fees up if it's guessed why or just take to heart.

How about lets have a winner guesser
..that person and a friend can come out in August on the corn harvest..wack'em n sack'em hunt.
To keep the corn cool so during the summer months they can have refreshing snack

dehoganator

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
To keep the corn cool so during the summer months they can have refreshing snack

No no no not close, lol,lol,lol dang man.
Lawman here he is , with his sus ven. Ya'll don't know him yet but like he said about this hog, "that was a good shot, but you got me so close i was aiming at the neck, and blew his jaw off.
Almost 275.
kitsbigboar075.jpeg

This is also his doings, you will have to ask him his quote about this
DSCN0116.jpeg

Last edited:

dehoganator

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
there getting smaller and smaller.
temple shot with partial same side exit, at like 25 yards.NCM_0204.JPGNCM_0205.JPG