FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Tasty!! Congrats!!

dehoganator

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Hahaha you guys are what I like about this place.
Its been a good year, I got begged to go watch over planted corn fields, I thought i'd never break my record with just the sixth able to crawl off the property. I shot 14 in four nights but in one night the 7 th crawled under the fence.
My joke about it was " my brass catcher looked like the sack under a full grown bull, lol still gets me. Got 48 off that place this year.NCM_0103.JPGNCM_0110.JPG

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good greif, you are a killing machine! Which brass catcher are you using?

dehoganator

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Caldwell, Frank t let me tell you there bout stretched out with 30 6.8's, then gotta count 5 from the fnx45. 35 rounds something better die,, no excuses, but they swarmed hahaha.....

Oh good heaven, TRIGGER was with me one of the nights, I think he may of hit one, sorry I forgot about you bud.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL, yeah the bag is pretty stretched out there!

dehoganator

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
NCM_0102.JPG NCM_0111.JPG NCM_0098.JPG NCM_0089.JPG NCM_0099.JPG

I think thats triggers butt shot from Sunday, I dropped it Tuesday, hahaha.

Last edited:

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
What ammo?

dehoganator

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Aut oh, most of ya'll don't know me but use TNT 90 grain. 2900 fps
Used 110 gr v-max, love 'em out the saami , just to slow 2450, too hard for people to hit runners.
Now with the addition of a spec 2 but I haven't tried the sst , but i like slow slow, or top speed, lol
I just can not believe I'm running two black outs, sub sonic. But when alls your doing is farting in the woods your repeat ambushes tells the tail.
Killed a lot of hogs with them this year..
NCM_0066.JPG

Last edited:

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ok, have not tried that, looks devastating on those shots.

dehoganator

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Its what happens, Mellon head took the first under the eye, he flipped around while I closed distance
He got up on front legs, hit him with a snap shot . I got 30 yards and he stood up, but had to lay down with another in the neck.

dehoganator

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Thanks coondog I'm just using a smart phone, its hard to participate with you guys the way I want to.

Last edited:

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The 120sst is going 2500fps factory its plenty fast for running shots and a hit anywhere usually stops them for a followup shot. What ammo are you shooting for the blackouts the subs i have tried just put a pencil hole. So you ear required to make ear shots.

dehoganator

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I agree with the sst, I see all the work they do. The tnt's being built for altra high velocity for 270's is not a typical varmint built at my starting velocity.
I recovered several that tipped 40 grains on the scale, and were perfect mushrooms.
Evident in my last pic above that shot shouldn't of stopped that hog in 80 to 120 yards, but the the termal damage the 40 - 50 grains of frag is crazy. Shot angle towards noon the hog was headed to just after ten, I'll go with some good luck finding it, but I was in the open.
Bullet choice is just about the main controversy with people and me, I use several off the wall tactics that I will not talk about because of early internet ridacule.
The 300 always exits verses my choice in 6.8 that like very very hardly ever does. I will try the
Sst one of these years when stock get low.
((Shot placement on the last hog placed so as not to drop it in the melons, didn't want to move it. Wasn't worth it. I tap them get'em running clear crops and like the guy about miss a few shots, lol )

Last edited:

dehoganator

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Man I have to post then edit to scroll my writings, but its all good.
LM understanding bullet termanial performance, if you are pencil hole'n sounds like you need to cut down your perpetual motion. Drop your bullet weight

Ive seen dozen fall in the short time I've been playing with the 300. Maybe luck but the only components I could find was 178 a-max . Seen hogs hit from just about every angle .

Last edited:

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hey if it works for you then do not stop! Lots have people have told me "that wont work" over the years but then it worked perfectly well over the years! The main purpose of these forums is to share knowledge of what works and does not work! Do not be afraid to share your tactics here. For the 300 I've been using 220's figured heavier was better.