Had a visitor tonight

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
My dog was barking up a storm outside and looking up at my tower. Sitting on top of the mast was a Great Horned Owl, about 3 times the size of my neighbors dogs lol

It didn't like me shining a bright flashlight on it so I could get a picture:

154417233.jpg

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Cool, they are beautiful animals, was he hooting?

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Cool, they are beautiful animals, was he hooting?

didn't make a sound that I heard, but he may have, otherwise the dog probably wouldn't have seen him, it was 30' up, my tower is a crank up and I had it down at the time, if it had been up the top of the mast is around 55'

it is mating season for the owl's right now, so probably out searching for a mate, or looking for dinner, too bad he wasn't around during the day, would keep me from having to pop those pigeons with my air rifle lol

Harris hawker

LSB Member
Needless to say I think its cool!!
;)
Owls are stubborn!
Their brains are geared for vision, so their reasoning portion of the brain is greatly diminished.
I I had the choice to train an owl or get kicked in the nutz by a donkey wearing golf shoes.....
I would probably take the donkey.
Love owls tho.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Love seeing Snowy Owls up north. Been swooped by one a time or two, most creepy feeling. Big birds, and sooooo stealthy ! Once in a while I'll see one perched on a high mound on the tundra while in a vehicle (at work, and when on shore).