Got my Zeus Pro in!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's good to hear then. Hopefully mine is just a software problem and won't take long to get fixed.

What is your smart scene set at? I turned the smart scene all the way to zero and it stopped washing out the background.

Even set at zero the automatic gain control will wash it out some last night for me the image looked better with smart scene at 100.

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I see. I haven't got much time with getting acquainted with all the settings. Maybe tonight I'll go back out.
I did feel like the picture was clearer through our regular Zeus 336 3x 42mm.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I see. I haven't got much time with getting acquainted with all the settings. Maybe tonight I'll go back out.
I did feel like the picture was clearer through our regular Zeus 336 3x 42mm.
See thats the problem most people think the old cores look better because you can see the background details more. It's my understanding that thermal is getting so detailed now being able to see individual hairs and such that the targets do not stand out as much since there is detail instead of just a black or white shape as before. So FLIR's answer was smart scene and automatic gain control that is programmed on purpose to wash out the less hot background making your target pop. While great for shooting the image looks less pleasing. Now when you do have a target hog, coyote, whatever then the target should look very good. That is why they are working with flir to somehow make it a on off option.

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
See thats the problem most people think the old cores look better because you can see the background details more. It's my understanding that thermal is getting so detailed now being able to see individual hairs and such that the targets do not stand out as much since there is detail instead of just a black or white shape as before. So FLIR's answer was smart scene and automatic gain control that is programmed on purpose to wash out the less hot background making your target pop. While great for shooting the image looks less pleasing. Now when you do have a target hog, coyote, whatever then the target should look very good. That is why they are working with flir to somehow make it a on off option.
Ok now that makes a lot more sense now that I've looked through my video from last night and listening to you about it. When looking at the hogs you could see a lot more detail on them. In the video while I was missing several times at a running hog you can see its hair on the end of its tail whipping around. First time i've ever noticed that.
I'm posting up the video now from last night in the hunting videos section.

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well tonight we went out to try to kill a few more. I'm now pretty upset with my Zeus. I pull it out of the case and noticed the front lens housing felt loose. I looked at it a bit harder and there's only 2 out of 4 screws in it. And it feels like the whole front lens assembly is about to fall off.
Really hope armasight makes this right. I have faith in them though but I'm starting to regret getting the pro and wish I would have got a regular Zeus.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well tonight we went out to try to kill a few more. I'm now pretty upset with my Zeus. I pull it out of the case and noticed the front lens housing felt loose. I looked at it a bit harder and there's only 2 out of 4 screws in it. And it feels like the whole front lens assembly is about to fall off.
Really hope armasight makes this right. I have faith in them though but I'm starting to regret getting the pro and wish I would have got a regular Zeus.

I do not even know what to say about that.