Got him

SteveR

LSB Member
I think this is the one I've been seeing in my pasture the past few nights. I don't have to work tomorrow so I corned the heck out of the pasture and kept an eye out for him. Just before midnight I spotted him and crept up to about 35 yards, putting the 55gr Gameking in the right side of what passes for a neck on these things. He went down and kicked for a few seconds but that was it for him. If this is the same one I saw the past few nights he isn't nearly as big as I thought he would be. He only went 180 according to the measurement formula. Still decent but not what I was hoping for. He's staked out in the pasture now so maybe in a couple of days I'll have some coyote photos for the varmint section. Gilbert had a good night too but I don't want to steal his thunder so I'll let him tell everyone about it later.Boar 6-27-14r.jpg

Last edited:

dehoganator

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
good ending for him, I still haven't seen a single hog so far tonight.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
good job

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice way to stick with him till you got him.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice shooting Steve, better than Gilbert says of you! Congrats!

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Hey Frank, I never said he couldn't shoot. I've seen him pull off some fantastic shots. I just call him PETA Steve because he tries to scare off all of my animals. LOL

Great going Steve, and yes that was a good stalk to get that close as spooky as these have been the past couple of weeks. I still think we have a larger one out there, but this was a good hog. We'll see if we can top this sometime this weekend.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
PETA Steve, I love it!!

SteveR

LSB Member
I have to keep up with Gilbert somehow. If I can't beat him with skill and cunning I have to use trickery and un-sportsman like conduct. Oh, and thanks for the avatar.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL, PETA avatar!

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
y'all had quite a weekend

9 or 10 all together?