got a new ring tone... IN MY EAR!!

D

djones

OinK was not available. hopefully he was out scouting and acquiring another billion acres. had to take a non-suppressed hunter with another digimon skope. dang those things are popular. actually with the wind driving the light rain right into us, i think his scope may have out performed mine. even though i couldn't see much difference between terrain and skyline, i could see hogs well enough to shoot.

he was on my right. when the action went left, so did he. instead of announcing a move and scooting up, he just swung across my line of fire. i caught several 6.8 blasts from the muzzle brake right in the earholio. not to mention i was now cock blocked from shooting back to my right. OinK come back. i need you!!!!

IMG_1609_zpspv76f7dw.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
You should have just walked over to that last one and put a bullet in its head. Could have saved a lot of rounds.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice haul of hogs !! Shoot I don't think I can go back to shooting un suppressed!

Last edited:

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Had a friend do that with a .45-70. My ears were ringing for days.

BDubbs

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
nice shooting in spite of the beat down! well... up until that last cripple!

OneK

LSB Active Member
Staff member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Loved the wind!!!!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Was that SuperHog you were shooting at? How many bullets bounced off him anyhow?

Ringtone... many moons ago, some knucklehead horned his way in on a hunt (which a buddy of mine and I went on). I grumbled at my buddy for caving in and letting him come (he's a safety risk... by nature), and told him, do NOT give that boy a LOADED gun!! Dipchit shows up, borrows a .30-30 lever action from my buddy. We give him the whole safety pitch and make him demonstrate to us what we'd just taught him. My buddy gives him bullets and I'm still telling him to NOT give that boy a LOADED gun!

Long story/short... dipchit trips while stepping over a log (round chambered, hammer back, safety off, and booger-hook inside the trigger guard) (yes, exact opposite of what we'd told him to do). We'd split up and were all in different parts of an area. My buddy and I hear the report, look at each other from where we'd set up (and made mutual eye contact). I'm rolling my eyes, he's got that "we'd better check on him" look. So, we pair up and go find dipchit. He's wandering back towards us, tripping blood from his booger-hook, and with that look of stupidity on his face. Thankfully, he didn't blow his foot up, just the soil next to it. The trigger guard bloodied his booger-hook with the recoil. My buddy looks at me and says: I know, I know... do NOT give that boy a LOADED gun!!

Later in the afternoon, we were all done for the day, and being young/itchy to shoot, I decide I'm going to test myself with my .30-06 across a cut, towards an opposing ridge. Dipchit marches right up next to my muzzle and tells me to go ahead and shoot... after repeated warnings to step back from alongside my muzzle (which he refuses to do), I let 'er rip. Dipchit smiles and announces that he can hear the bullet whistling across, refuses to believe it when I tell him his ears are ringing, and says "do it again !!!" Who am I to disappoint? I let 'er rip a second time.

Dipchit never learned of another hunt, until AFTER we got back.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Lol good work! What was the deal with that last pig!?

D

djones

not sure what was going on at the end... maybe my ears were ringing so bad i was off balance? the wind was blowing pretty hard across us. that had to blow the bullets some, but not completely off the pig. he was much farther than i thought. i still forget when i'm at 2x to compensate more. i saw my friend's shots falling short and right but i couldn't see mine hit. guess the humidity lowered the visibility of exploding dirt clods. i didn't even show all the shots. i figure too much of a good thing is bad for ya'll.

BDubbs

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
not sure what was going on at the end... maybe my ears were ringing so bad i was off balance? the wind was blowing pretty hard across us. that had to blow the bullets some, but not completely off the pig. he was much farther than i thought. i still forget when i'm at 2x to compensate more. i saw my friend's shots falling short and right but i couldn't see mine hit. guess the humidity lowered the visibility of exploding dirt clods. i didn't even show all the shots. i figure too much of a good thing is bad for ya'll.
Man, that's fun shooting... just mix another drink, pop in another clip, take another SWAG, and let em fly! like shooting prairie dogs with the .17 HMR!!

dman62

LSB Member
I hate muzzle brakes with a passion. I don't feel the need for one on my .338 Win Mag, let alone any of my lesser guns. I do appreciate them on the 50 BMG so there is a tipping point in their favor somewhere between the .338 and the big 50. Mag-na-porting is you friend if you want to decrease muzzle rise and be a good neighbor imo.
No tipping point for dangerous shooters though. They are either safe or I don't go out with them.