Good end to a good weekend

SteveR

LSB Member
To those of you who have been following mine and rgilberts recent post under "PETA" and "Got Him" you know that he got four of them Friday and another four Saturday, and I got a decent boar Friday night. Well, my son and his family came up and he went out Sunday afternoon to the "pipeline" where gilbert got the four the evening before. When he walked up there was a group already feeding and he got a sow that would go about 80+.

Just before dark I met up with gilbert at my neighbor's place and after about 45 minutes a sounder, about have babies and half mid-sized ones showed up. We got a little closer, about 75 yards or so, and did a countdown to shoot. We've gotten better at it and both of us hit our pigs. Mine went down from what looked like a spine shot, and this time it was gilbert's that ran off. A few seconds later a little one ran back into view and we both shot at almost the same instant and it hit the dirt too. We checked mine and it was a boar about 100 or a little less, and we looked for gilbert's but couldn't find it. We'll check again here in a little while and maybe we can find it in the daylight. I went over to check out the baby to see if I could figure out who hit it. It had an obvious hit to the left shoulder, where I was aiming, and I rolled it over and saw that it's right eye was missing. I knew it had both of them when I shot because I could see them reflect in the IR light on my rifle. I took a closer look and found a small hole in it's snout where gilbert hit it before it went down from my shot. That shows how close the shots were to each other.

Well, all totaled up for the weekend, my son got 1, I got 2-1/2 and gilbert got 8-1/2 for a total of 12, maybe 13 if we find gilbert's missing one. Not a huge number, and none of them are record setting, but sill pretty good and a heck of a lot of fun.

Caleb Sow 6-29-14r.jpg Boar and piglet 6-29-14r.jpg Piglet 6-29-14r.jpg

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great guy, really doing well as of late, can't wait for this weeks death toll!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
You guys are just laying them down regularly. TLM better watch out, his reign may be in jeopardy.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Thanks guys we had a blast. This was the best weekend hog hunting I've had. Can't wait to do it again.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
me too