Ginger Pig

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I was out at the lease yesterday to fill feeders and check cams. So when the work was done I stayed for the evening hunt. Got into the blind at 5PM since the earliest time I had pigs on camera was 6PM. Soon after i got settled a big storm moved in, wind howling and rain coming down in sheets. It was I good thing I spent the time earlier in the year to seal up the holes and installed windows in the blind, so sitting through the storm was no big deal. This went on until about 6:30PM then if finally died down to a drizzle.

I wasn't expecting to see anything until after dark, but to my surprise 7PM and still raining a sounder moved in. I didn't see any big pigs just 50-100 pounders. So I pick out the best looking one and it was a ginger. This is my first ginger, I have gotten black one, spotted ones, stripe ones, but never a full ginger.

Was shooting my Stag 7H in 6.8 SPC and the ammo was a handloaded 110gr Accubond coming out the barrel at 2750 FPS. I put the 100 yard shot in the sweet spot right being the ear for a DRT kill. The entrance wound was clean and the exit wound was impressive. The bullet opened up half way through and bounced off the spine taking a downward path exit out mid shoulder. The left shoulder was demolished and had lots of bone fragments in the exit wound.

IMG_20131012_191616_208.jpg
Here he is on the game cam
MFDC1498.JPG

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Too bad you couldn't have had them lined up like they are in the game cam pic! You could have got them all with one shot!!!!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good job, I like the way you are training them to line up!

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I was waiting for them to line up like in the pic, but didn't work out like that.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
i want them to line up when i have a mag of 525 gr pile drivers in my 458 socom. see how many they will go through

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL We're all thinkin' alike here. I'd definitely wanna see how many my .45-70 would pass through with the hard cast flat nosed lead rounds I have.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
for comparison here is a 525gr pile driver next to a 110gr .277 ttsx

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
i have 20 loaded up, they shoot well out to about 125 yards. not sure what the impact velocity is out that far though

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
i have gotten speeds right around 1150 out of them at 15 feet. being that heavy im sure they drop in speed quick. one of these days ill put my chrony out at 100 yards and see what they do. that much lead and that huge metplate should do some real damage no matter what the speed. they are fun to shoot too. once beartooth catches up with orders im going to order 250 more.