Gemtech 5.56 Suppressed Bolt Carrier and G5-T suppressor test.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice video and a really cool product. That system is a lot easier to adjust than an adjustable gas block. I like it.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah me too really like that carrier design...you need to get over that cold and sniffling!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah me too really like that carrier design...you need to get over that cold and sniffling!
Yea not going to happen I love the cold but my sinuses do not.

chthump

LSB Member
TLM, How much lighter is the G5-T than the G5. I've got an older G5 and was looking at the G5-T a couple weeks ago. (I'll google it), another great video.

You said there was a difference in tone, between supp/unsupp. settings on the BCG. Was it notably quieter?

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
TLM, How much lighter is the G5-T than the G5. I've got an older G5 and was looking at the G5-T a couple weeks ago. (I'll google it), another great video.

You said there was a difference in tone, between supp/unsupp. settings on the BCG. Was it notably quieter?

4.5oz weight difference.

As for being quieter I'm not sure how it would read on a decibel meter, but it sounded better to my ear. Think most of that has to do with the rifle being over gassed with a normal bcg. With this one the extra gas is vented so the bcg is going slower and not hitting the buffer tube as hard. Think everything is moving about 25% slower per Gemtech.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Also I forgot since the bolt is moving 25% slower more of the gasses are escaping out the muzzle end so that may have something to do with the tone. It was not a huge difference but there was a noticeable one.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice bcg, convenient to use design as well. Nice vid T.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great video ... another southpaw shooter here too