full renegade

D

djones

no more mr nice guy. no more educational videos. no more putting up with mods who don't have kill pics of their own. from now on it's just kill kill kill without regard for the innocent.

one broke loose from the herd and we went ahead and picked him off. the herd busted but we were able to race around the field and cut them off, turning them back just before they crossed a berm to safety. took out a couple more. thankfully lobbing in rounds from long distance paid off and one was wounded enough to slow him down for a finishing shot. no matter how far a hog is, you can't kill it unless you get at least one round in the air. don't be afraid!

IMG_1438_zpsultkohia.jpg

IMG_1447_zpsery6xkvn.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
D

djones

several hogs were scattered throughout the cattle. we thoguht we'd just get one shot apiece and let the others go. since the cows didn't run, the hogs didn't run off either. we entered the field and found them hiding in stalks. RUN DOWN!!! gawd i love a good hog chase. no vid on this part cause i was driving while OinK was dispatching systematically with surgical precision.

IMG_1440_zpsfgd1cuwo.jpg

IMG_1441_zpsrbbu9jfe.jpg

D

djones

this stalk had the makings for a high kill count. hogs spread out left to right. problem is they ran straight away from us and the pivot forced us to choose our shots carefully. still, we managed to down a few.

IMG_1442_zpsoouteind.jpg

D

djones

this stalk was similar to the last one, only they were closer to the pivot. we'd certainly rather shoot at hogs that were clear of the system, but fortunately we have a complete repertoire of shots upon which to summon in any circumstance. this situation called for setting the crosshair ahead of the hogs and letting them run into the field of fire. otherwise a sprinkler hose or head could have been hit. geeze, who would have ever thought you could kill a hog without following through?

IMG_1443_zpsrdgfkxkj.jpg

IMG_1437_zps7bvsbldo.jpg

D

djones

this hog was a little farther than we wold have normally shot at if we had a chance to get closer. but it was getting late and we figured one of us would drop it. if not, we'd chase it and finished it off before it got away. well it actually made it to the brush but ran out of gas as soon as it got to cover.

IMG_1444_zpsdhrjhaun.jpg

D

djones

sometimes these hunts call for precision shooting. that's why it's absolutely necessary to make sure your scope is not just sighted for minute of pig, but dead on. case in point, i only had a shot between the eyes of this pig. no problem. that folks, is exactly how it's done.

IMG_1446_zpskdqvgmnq.jpg

D

djones

20 hogs in one hunt with multiple 250+ pounders between 2 people. if my calculations are correct, that's a double sus apiece, isn't it?

of course this is just an appetizer. i'm sure some of the more established and experienced killers will be along shortly with some real vids and kill pics.
popcorn_zpsbzyipy5c.gif

neorubio

LSB Active Member
What a night! You cannot get bored, can you? Very nice videos (and editing:p)! The weekend wouldn´t be the same without DJ´s videos!!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
"this stalk had the makings for a high kill count"... until Dr. Sus flicked off his safety...

Dead pigs is kewl!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
20 hogs in one hunt with multiple 250+ pounders between 2 people. if my calculations are correct, that's a double sus apiece, isn't it?

of course this is just an appetizer. i'm sure some of the more established and experienced killers will be along shortly with some real vids and kill pics.
popcorn_zpsbzyipy5c.gif
Only, IF having an OinK counts (as a designated hitter). :D

OneK

LSB Active Member
Staff member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
University of Colorado is doing another hog study so they trap and GPS collar several hogs. As you can see we shot one of their trapped hogs. The collar did not show up on night vision or thermal. The pig being white sure did not help either. I notified the authorities of its location and apologized. They are working on getting approval of a poison bait. They think it will be approved in the near future.

Thank you Brian again for the help on the awesome hog drags!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
University of Colorado is doing another hog study so they trap and GPS collar several hogs. As you can see we shot one of their trapped hogs. The collar did not show up on night vision or thermal. The pig being white sure did not help either. I notified the authorities of its location and apologized. They are working on getting approval of a poison bait. They think it will be approved in the near future.

Thank you Brian again for the help on the awesome hog drags!
Screw that no poison....

D

djones

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good videos!! And definitely lots of hogs to shoot at! I got interested in hog hunting when I was driving up to Lubbock one fall season. I was passing through Abilene and saw two hogs rooting on the side of the road during the day time!

Cazz

US Army Veteran, Hunting Addict
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great fun to watch! Nice going.