First Thermal

loose cannon

I am in Georgia and will be hunting in planted/ clear field most of the time for coyotes and hogs. Since I have no hands on experience I'm looking for advice on buying my first thermal weapon scope.
My budget is 5k, shots will be from 50 to 250 yards and will be starting with a AR that I built in 223 wylde but looking at putting together a 6.5 Grendel or 6.8 spc II.

Currently looking at these models: Armasight Zeus 640 2x16x50, Armasight Zeus 640 3x24x75 and the Pulsar Trail XP series (but the native magnification on these seems to low to me).

So, what do you guys think?
Am I on the right track? If so which would you choose and why.
Is there another scope that would be better for what I'm doing?

I'd like to thank you all for your time and answers in advance,
Thank you!

ptysonjr

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I am in Georgia and will be hunting in planted/ clear field most of the time for coyotes and hogs. Since I have no hands on experience I'm looking for advice on buying my first thermal weapon scope.
My budget is 5k, shots will be from 50 to 250 yards and will be starting with a AR that I built in 223 wylde but looking at putting together a 6.5 Grendel or 6.8 spc II.

Currently looking at these models: Armasight Zeus 640 2x16x50, Armasight Zeus 640 3x24x75 and the Pulsar Trail XP series (but the native magnification on these seems to low to me).

So, what do you guys think?
Am I on the right track? If so which would you choose and why.
Is there another scope that would be better for what I'm doing?

I'd like to thank you all for your time and answers in advance,
Thank you!

Xp50 is the way to go in my opinion. 50mm maybe little too much for 50 yds and maybe not quite ideal for 250. If you could back up 25 on 50 yd shot and scoot up 50 on 250 yd shot it would be perfect. This is a better device than the other. It will work at all those ranges but pressing both ends in my opinion. The Zeuss 75 will really hurt up close. Remember you have darkness on your side so put em where you want em. Good luck.