First night out with pvs14

Taco

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Wigwam, I see your point. Going to order the right size hex wrench.....035, right boys?

Ncorry

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I won't actually be helpful here since I don't know the correct size, but am pretty sure it's size human hair. And if I remember right, the hex wrench that comes with either the Crimson Trace Rail Master or the Laser Max UNI works. I have a pill bottle full of the laser and PVS-sized hex wrenches and one of the lasers uses a bigger one and the other laser and PVS wrenches are interchangeable. So, if you've got one or both of the lasers, you might get lucky.

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
I tried one of the laser-max wrenches in my 14 and it didn't get purchase, so either too large or too small. I tried it three times, slowly.

I tried one that came with Timney trigger and it is too large.

I tried one that came with PTA .22lr upper to adjust tension of bolt release and it is same size as one from Timney trigger and hence too large.

I don't think I have one that is "just right".

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
I was looking for my lasermax key, thought it would be the right size but can't find it, I have a small set with handles that I use.

Hard_ware

Here piggy piggy! Deep Deep S. TX.
What I do is adjust the eyepiece first, by turning it to focus on any small specs on the screen. This will get you close, you will see the extremely fine grains as you focus the eyepiece. Then look at something in the distance and focus the objective/front lens turning it cw or ccw till the distant object is very clear. Then I look slightly above the horizon and keep my head still and only look down toward the ground and fine adjust the lens. This works for me to be able to see close in and at a distance. I try to get the sweet spot for driving and walking around. Once you get it working properly you will be blown away!

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Holy S I'm waiting on a $3 wrench to get my $3k device up and running!! It's actually funny. That pvs 14 is basically mocking me at this point.

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Actually took my night optics d300 out and after properly focusing it I was pretty impressed. Can't wait to get the pvs up and running.

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
What tube does the D300 have?
I don't know. Supposed to be gen2+ is all I know. Just really learned how to focus it and it's pretty damn nice.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
sorry, I see that the question has already been answered