First Hog

RevMS

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
He's a little guy, but he's my first. Got a call from my neighbor that this little feral hog was coming into her yard and hanging around her pig pen bothering her domestic hog and rooting up her yard.

Went out this afternoon at about 6:00pm to scout out where to put up my tripod so I'd have a good line of sight when he comes in ... and what do you know if he wasn't there hanging around the pen in broad daylight!

Of course I wasn't expecting to see him there so I didn't have my gun and he booked it out into the multi-100 acre pasture that borders our yards.

I walked back to the house and came back with the gun and got the tripod set up and waited. He wandered back into the yard at about 7:30 and took a 115 gr 6.8 HPBT round (it's what I had in the first mag I picked up) between the eyes.

That didn't turn out to be such a good shot for the purposes of a BBQ as the bullet left the back of his head and entered his back then fragmented wiping out the backstraps as well as devastating his chest cavity.

Took care of the problem I was asked to solve but I was a bit disappointed as he would have probably been pretty good eating.

2015-04-26_19_56_32_HDR.jpg

TomH FW

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
congrats!

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats on the hog .... nice rifle! It looks like you have a saker 7.62 as well.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice going, great BBQ size..looks to be about 200lbs

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice pig... and hero status with the neighbor. That never hurts any.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Awesome first hog! Hooked for life now. I agree with Frank, must be 200# plus.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I guess all that time in the gym must be paying off ... grabbed him by the hind leg and put him the back of the truck. LOL
Adrenaline surge.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I guess all that time in the gym must be paying off ... grabbed him by the hind leg and put him the back of the truck. LOL

You are "Strong" with the Force!

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
nice work

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm confused, did I hear mention of tri-pod use and gym work used together? LOL

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Are you sure that wasn't Wilbur, the neighbors pig? Poor little fella.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice spread!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The tri-pod/gym reference was an inside joke... if you've read/recall the post in which someone poked fun at people shooting off a bi/tri-pod, implying they needed to go to the gym and do strength training.

My "confusion" was tongue in cheek.

Gorgeous area, BTW.