First hog from my new place

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
1st ranch hog.JPG I bought 20 acres just north of Caldwell, Texas this past month. The big boar in the protein phota I posted last week is accross the road on about 340 acres. I went up this past weekend to do a bunch of work on my place. Since I had been working at the barn I had my rifle there. When it got dark and time to go accross the road I put on my PVS14 and went to the barn to get my rifle. I looked out into my field and saw fourteen hogs and a bunch of piglets. The deer busted me stalking up on them and they ran to the far side of the field. This 140 pound sow didn't make it. First hog from my new place. Notice the cast on my right hand. That's another story.

BTW I saw the big boar I posted the pic of, but he knew something was amiss and took off. No joy YET.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats. Sounds like the new places has been properly christened. Uhhhh? You have that "booger-hook" someplace it should'nt've been?

Last edited:

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Lets just say that at 53 years of age I don't need to be hitting a punching bag that the youngsters are hitting. Can you say "Hold my beer and watch this"! Dumb A---

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL Back in the day... I wore sap-gloves on duty. I wasn't going to bust up my paws on some inbred reprobate's head. LOL A heavy thump to the ribs/thigh muscle was generally pretty good medicine.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats on the hog!! Sorry about the Paw, have another beer!