First called yote!

Vance Goodson

Hunting is my Drug!
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well john, Colby, my little brother and I decided to try our hand at calling coyotes this evening with john's fox pro firestorm. We sat at the first stand for about 30 mins with no luck so we moved stands. At the second stand, we had our backs to a lake dam over looking about a 75 acre open pasture). We started with the coyote locator and within 5 mins had a lone coyote answer back off to our right. We then transitioned to cotton tail distress for about 5 mins with no luck. Hit the locator again and the coyote answered again. I told john to hit the pup distress, 45 seconds into the sequence john says there he is. I look in the direction he motioned to and sure enough he's coming in a full lope right at the call. He apparently saw the truck which was parked around the dam from us to our right because he slammed the brakes at 75 yards, luckily I was already looking at him through the scope on my .308. I let one fly and hit the dirt. The rest as they say is history.

It was an awesome experience, we finally managed to call a coyote in and get a kill. And to share that with your best friends makes it even greater.

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great job, take a lot of skill to call to get results.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
nice work

picture looks like you are having a great time

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good job, that 308 tear him up pretty good?

Vance Goodson

Hunting is my Drug!
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good job, that 308 tear him up pretty good?
Surprisingly yes it did. I say surprisingly because I'm shooting Hornady 150 gr pointed soft points which do not usually have the explosive nature of a polymer tipped Hornady round. However it absolutely blew his abdomen apart. It was quite disturbing actually.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yeah the 308 anything is way more than you need for varmint hunting, I figured it cut him in half.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Congrats. I don't call a stand for more than 8 - 10 minutes. Most coyotes will respond to a call in under 5 minutes. Depends how much land you have to call. Here in New Mexico, it's a lot of public lands, so I just kick up and move.

Vance Goodson

Hunting is my Drug!
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Unfortunately public land in our part of Texas is all heavily wooded and I don't trust other hunters. We hunt all private land with a mix of open pastures and woods. We called about 5-10 minutes before this guy came in.