Firearms picture thread.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have been having the same issues. Everything is super slow and the other day I had a post go up 5 times. When I scrolled up to start deleting them they all dissapeared with the first one I deleted

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
was slow for a bit this AM..OK now it seems

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Took me about an hour to navigate/read/reply to about half a dozen posts this morning.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Really nice job Blakester. I like the camo look.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice carry

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Haven't shot it yet, going to the range next week if it doesn't rain

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
They are very nice. I have 3 XDs in the 9MM. Carry the XDS and have two XDMs. Have my eyes on the new XD mod2 I think they are calling it. They are nice pistols. Nice going!! BANG BANG!!!

Last edited:

bldsmith

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well I decided I needed to modify my stable a little bit. I sold of my 45-70 guide gun and picked up all the components to build another 458 SOCOM.

Here she is.
3f2e06f3-4c75-4c39-a457-1ee5fb9cdca7_zpsj8ztgobn.jpg

Tromix 16.5" stainless barrel and brake and upper, Nickel Boron Nitride Bolt Carrier with a Tromix Bolt. 13.5" DiamondHead Hand guard, Spikes lower, DPMS LPK, Magpul CTR Stock. Will take it out to see how it runs as soon as I get some glass swapped around.

My Big Bore count is up to three, Too much Fun

Last edited:

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I love big bores. I have the 458 socom right now. I am in the process of building a 45 raptor and I don't know it's it's considered a big bore but I have a 358 MGP as well.

I have an xd40 and 2 xds45's right now. The xd line is my favorite pistol.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
They just fit folks with big hands and come with parts to make them fit. and they are the fastest cycling pistol out there right now. BANG BANG!!

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have over 40,000 rounds through my xd40 and it still shoots perfectly. Mind you most of those have been cast bullets so the rifling is still in perfect condition but it's still seen a lot of rounds. I'll never carry anything but one of my XD's

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have every intention of building a .458 SOCOM... however, selling my Guide Gun? Nope, not an option.

And, of the combat Tupperware offerings these days... the XDm my buddy has (.45 ACP) is an absolute JOY to shoot. Very comfy in my big ol' meat hooks.

bldsmith

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I never got attached to my GG. I've had it 2 years and only fired 10 rounds through it. Between my socoms I have close to 1k downrange in the same time frame. Plus my son would probably like one of them. So that's why I decided to get out of the GG all together.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I love my socom. There are so many bullet choices for anything you could ever want to hunt. With bullet weights from 100gr to 525gr you can't go worng. Every time I see a good price on brass I pick some up. I have about 1000 rounds for it so far. My favorite bullet to shoot is the 525gr pile driver. People stop and stare at the range when I shoot it. You can hear the impact as it hits the berm

bldsmith

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
YEA I love the BANG-----THWACK. Then all the heads turn....

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The impact sound it loud as hell. I had everyone ignoring the Barrett 50 down the range

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats... yer gonna be grinning when you see how well the 6.8 will serve your needs.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very nice. Looks loud like my 6.5, mine is getting to loud to shoot so going to put back on a flash hider instead of this custom brake. Good shootin to ya!! BANG BANG!!