Fast Double, In-The-Ear Snapshot

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I returned to the same location I hunted the previous night where a sounder had been scared off by coyotes. I set up on the other side of the clearing after having scouted the area. I gamed or strategized this hunt out a bit better than the previous night and when the hogs did come out, knew that I would have only a brief shooting window of time before they disappeared back into the heavy brush and that they would likely return in the direction from which they came. So I shot the trailing hog first in hopes that the leading hog would cross back into my field of fire...

J BAR K

Just trying to make a day.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good shooting. That 90 gr. Bullet really seems to work for you!

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good shooting. That 90 gr. Bullet really seems to work for you!

It really does. I did not expect it to perform this well at all. It seems to effectively kill all sizes of hogs. Shoulder shots are often DRT shots, even on boars over 200 lbs. I assume that the fragmenting nature of the bullet results in such shots interacting with the spinal cord to help drop those hogs in place, but that is just a guess.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Quick Draw McGraw in action there!! Yer chewin' through 'em !!

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Dern, that barrel is so long it looks like it bends. I think can see the Coriolis effect beginning to show up across the length of the hand guard.

Haha

Just kidding. Great video.ACB5965D-4EDB-49A5-982C-3180C9236FF4.jpeg

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice shooting, and good to see a plan work out.

Keep After 'Em!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dern, that barrel is so long it looks like it bends. I think can see the Coriolis effect beginning to show up across the length of the hand guard.

Haha

Just kidding. Great video.View attachment 6619
Me thinks AB's been hittin' the bird seed too hard and usin' that barrel as a perch.

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
A blind hog...and all that.

Well Sir, both hogs are completely blind now... you on the other hand keep drillin' em..
Congrats on the shots and great video !

Dennis