Conditioning leather DIY remedies

LSB Active Member
Anyone have a fav conditioner/waterproof/gel they use on their leather? Trying to squeeze more life out of my Danner Pronghorns they are sooooo comfy, but the leather has been neglected a bit this year haven't been on top of it. If anyone has a fav brand and process they use I'd like to hear.

I have done AquaSeal treatments, but I think I've gone so long I need to consider doing some other things.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I use nothing but Mink Oil. Use it on my boots every few weeks or when needed even during dry seasons. I have Danners' that are 20 years old and the leather is still like new.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
"White's" Boots have a conditioner with their brand on it. It is made by Obenauf's (out of Idaho). They offer a paste and an oil. This stuff was formulated for loggers and smoke jumpers/firefighters. Been using it for years now. Good stuff.

EGarza04

El Sauz, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I use saddle soap to clean the leather first, or streaming hot towels if they are really dirty. Then a high quality leather oil/ conditioner. I've used the stuff RD mentioned on my white's boots and it is good stuff. I've also used leather honey on larger things like saddles and leather seats and liked it as well. Just make sure to oil them more than once if they have been neglected for as long as you're making it sound.

Oh and in a pinch I've even been known to use cooking oil on leather. It works much better than you would think.