Colorado Elk Hunt

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Mmmmm... elk steak... elk roast... elk burger!!!!! Yummmm!!!!!!

EGarza04

El Sauz, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Still hunting the Glenwood area. Saw a bunch of mulies again, both bucks and does. Wish they had OTC tags for a buck! Started raining last night and it's been stop and go since. We didn't go hunting this morning as it's 45 degrees on the bottom and probably 30 or cooler wth freezing rain or Ashley on top right now. We are really hoping to get a lung evening hunt in. But we are REALLY hoping we get a call from the Meeker area!

Edits: Here are some pictures from this morning...

Last edited:
D

djones

lemme now if you need any tips on where to hunt

Restricted%20Area_zps58zkzved.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

EGarza04

El Sauz, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Looks like no elk meat this year. It rained pretty hard this morning and we didn't hunt because of it. We are licking our wounds and headed home. It'll only be 22hr drive back home...

We had a damn good time though. I got to hang out with good friends and made a new one. Still a successful hunt in that regard.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Too bad!!!! I was really hoping you'd bag one. But, I KNOW that feeling all too well. I see elk out of season, I see deer during elk season... I see cougar tracks inside my boot prints heading back to my truck. o_O

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
They call it hunting not killing just to that point...the win it you got to go and had all the fun you could stand...wish you had gotten one though!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Just beautiful!!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Love the camp pic !! Nuttin' beats a GOOD fire once back in camp !

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That is why they are called "The ghost of the forest". They disappear at will it seems. Looks like a fun tough hunt!

EGarza04

El Sauz, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That is why they are called "The ghost of the forest". They disappear at will it seems. Looks like a fun tough hunt!

I believe it. We drove as far as we could and then hiked anywhere from 4 to 8 miles a day. We hunted the bottoms, dark timber, meadows and the higher elevations. We tried spot and stalk and sitting at the edge of meadows. We didn't even see an elk. They were there somewhere though, we had game cam pics of cows, calves, and bulls near where we were hunting.

Finally back in Texas, I might make it back home by 11 or midnight. Just in time to do Halloween with the family tomorrow.