Clown Show Shoot

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Hogs have finally begun to show up at a feeder my buddy and I set up in June. During the hot, dry summer months they weren't visiting regularly, but recently that's changed. I sat out Monday waiting for a couple of boars that were early evening regulars. One came in about 9:20PM and the fun began. I've cut out quite a bit of video that involved me messing with the rifle or just waiting for a good shot opportunity, so hopefully this isn't too long.

I'm looking for a good but simple-to-use video editor. This was made with VSDC. I doubt that I'll stick with it, but it got the job done (finally).

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Oops, just part of the continuing clown act. I think it should work now. If not, lemme know!

J BAR K

Just trying to make a day.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Way to hang in there! I would have been screaming by then. Good hog down.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's called "fair chase". You gave that ol' boy EVERY opportunity to "know-up". You done serviced the gene pool. Nice work.

bar-d

Head Wrangler, Chief Manure Manager: Bar-D Cattle
The magazine apparently wasn't properly seated. I need to remember to make sure the bolt is locked back when I insert it.
I experienced that problem a couple of times, inserting the mag and cycling the charging handle but no round was chambered. I have made it a habit to load the mag on an open bolt, taking notice of which side has the first round. After chambering, I pull the mag to make sure the top round fed. Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice, I'm a dumba$$. Anyways, now I am always sure I am locked and loaded. Nice shot!

neorubio

LSB Active Member
That was funny (to watch, not if it happens to yourself lol). It's a good thing all ended up well! I always put the first bullet in the chamber manually, then take the mag out, feed it and put it back again, to avoid this problem. Congrats on your kill! ;)

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I've been there! Definitely frustrating and will get you flustered in the moment. Fortunately fate was on your side that night. Nice shot(s)

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I have been after this guy for years now. Never shows if I don't have a game camera in place. Most always does when I do.
Damn strange !! --- pruhdlr cam12-460x302.jpg

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
It's Frank. He does this every now and then just to see if I am really checking the game cams.
Every now and then,during warm weather,I catch him wearing a speedo and mirror glasses. --- pruhdlr

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
It's Frank. He does this every now and then just to see if I am really checking the game cams.
Every now and then,during warm weather,I catch him wearing a speedo and mirror glasses. --- pruhdlr
No one wants to see that!! No, seriously, NO ONE!!!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL... ok, so much for sleeping tonight. At least you didn't say "thong" (OMG!!!)