Capturing a Swarm of Bees.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ja, I keep lots of Histomine's on hand! You never know when deflation might become necessary.
That's what a "histo"picker does...picks histomines.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Now that's funny!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Boy we have hundreds of hives at the lease. what does it mean when a pile of them are hanging on the outside of the box?

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Makes me freak out and where is my epi pen. Excellent wasp killer is 100% isopropyl will,drop then pretty quick and no poisons.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Can Chopper hear us?? I carry benedryl pills in the truck, been stung by a scorpion, wasp and spider before...just makes it less dangerous.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yeah about 50 hives in that area and I saw it on a few of them, they were not in the shade so maybe got hot. Is a hive 1 tall box w many layers, some are taller than others

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
well everything is in bloom and the clover on 20 plots is full of bees!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Can Chopper hear us?? I carry benedryl pills in the truck, been stung by a scorpion, wasp and spider before...just makes it less dangerous.
Frank, you give the benedryl to the bugs so they don't get sick from biting you? That's nice.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yes I do, just make it easier for them...

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It means they are hot, or humid, or getting ready to swarm, or they are having a rock concert, or they are bees that just like to hang out!! Hard to say, they are insects. Good question.
That's what they want you to think.

It was really because one of them farted

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Too much Mead, one of 'em puked inside.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Mead
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This article is about the alcoholic beverage. For other uses, see Mead (disambiguation)
A dry home-made orange melomel.
Mead (/ˈmiːd/; archaic and dialectal "medd"; from Old English "meodu"[1]) is an alcoholic beverage created by fermenting honey with water, and in adulterated form with various fruits, spices, grains, or hops.[2][3][4] (Hops act as a preservative and produce a bitter, beer-like flavor.) The alcoholic content of mead may range from about 8% ABV[5] to more than 20%. The defining characteristic of mead is that the majority of the beverage's fermentable sugar is derived from honey.[6] It may be still, carbonated, or naturally sparkling; and it may be dry, semi-sweet, or sweet.[7]

Mead is known from many sources of ancient history throughout Europe, Africa and Asia. "It can be regarded as the ancestor of all fermented drinks," Maguelonne Toussaint-Samat has speculated, "antedating the cultivation of the soil."[8]Hornsey considers archaeological evidence of it ambiguous;[9] however, McGovern and other archaeological chemists consider the presence of beeswax markers and gluconic acid, in the presence of other substances known to ferment, to be reasonably conclusive evidence of the use of honey in ancient fermented beverages.[10][11]

Claude Lévi-Strauss makes a case for the invention of mead as a marker of the passage "from nature to culture."[12] Mead has played an important role in the beliefs and mythology of some peoples. One such example is the Mead of Poetry, a mead of Norse mythology crafted from the blood of the wise being Kvasir which turns the drinker into a poet or scholar.

The terms "mead" and "honey-wine" are often used synonymously.[13][14] Honey-wine is differentiated from mead in some cultures. Hungarians hold that while mead is made of honey, water and beer-yeast (barm), honey-wine is watered honey fermented by recrement of grapes (or other fruits).[15]

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I kinds like Mead would not recommend you drink a lot but I love the taste.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I had to look it up. Wasn't sure what it was.

Galveston340

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
There are about nine hives a friend has placed out in the back of out Pecan orchard down here. Right now they are going to town on all our citrus trees and that is the honey I want to get from him!