Cancelled diner reservation

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I have been waging a quiet and personal war with a lone boar with an attitude. For the last several months a very large boar with a lust for corn has been tearing up our feeders with a vengeance. He has gotten so good at it, I have pictures showing him knocking a feeder over within minutes of getting there. I was sure I had fixed it to where he couldn't get one over. I not only set up a feeder that I had welded up a few years ago, I also used legs made out of 1 1/2" square tubing and wired them to t-posts driven and an angle to the feeder post. That feeder lasted a few minutes after this bad boy showed up. But at least he didn't get corn that time because that feeder had a ring at the top and he couldn't get it open. I gave up last night and went out to hang a feeder from a tree limb. I thought, knock this one down now! I also stayed out to see if I would see anything before I had to give up and head home. To my surprise, the big boar showed up shortly after dark, but it was obvious he was not comfortable with something. I think that he smelled my scent from working around the feeder area only a couple hours before and he made it back into the woods before I could get on him. About an hour later, he came back and started helping himself to the corn that I spread around the roll barrel. The rest is on the video.

J BAR K

Just trying to make a day.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good job Chopper! Guess you broke him of that habit

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Time to renew those dinner reservations to go celebrate a well deserved victory! Way to anchor him D !!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Good job and congrats! The only thing I would have done different with such a bad boy is that I would have put another shot or two into him. :D
Brian, I trimmed the video, but I kept the cross hairs on him with the safety off for almost another full minute. If his leg hadn’t stopped moving so quickly he would have gotten several insurance rounds. He tapped out at 255 lbs but looked like he was much heavier. The ranger I used to drag him almost bogged down when the chain tightened up.

NYCHOGKILLER

LSB Member
I have been waging a quiet and personal war with a lone boar with an attitude. For the last several months a very large boar with a lust for corn has been tearing up our feeders with a vengeance. He has gotten so good at it, I have pictures showing him knocking a feeder over within minutes of getting there. I was sure I had fixed it to where he couldn't get one over. I not only set up a feeder that I had welded up a few years ago, I also used legs made out of 1 1/2" square tubing and wired them to t-posts driven and an angle to the feeder post. That feeder lasted a few minutes after this bad boy showed up. But at least he didn't get corn that time because that feeder had a ring at the top and he couldn't get it open. I gave up last night and went out to hang a feeder from a tree limb. I thought, knock this one down now! I also stayed out to see if I would see anything before I had to give up and head home. To my surprise, the big boar showed up shortly after dark, but it was obvious he was not comfortable with something. I think that he smelled my scent from working around the feeder area only a couple hours before and he made it back into the woods before I could get on him. About an hour later, he came back and started helping himself to the corn that I spread around the roll barrel. The rest is on the video.
That was awesome. Where’d ya hit him? Right behind the eye? #brainmush

bar-d

Head Wrangler, Chief Manure Manager: Bar-D Cattle
Put that in your pipe and smoke it, Mr. Boar With an Attitude! Kudos CD.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That was awesome. Where’d ya hit him? Right behind the eye? #brainmush
He soaked up a 120gr SST like a man. It entered just below the left ear angling back toward the neck with no exit. I didn’t feel like doing a nekidcropsy like Brian does to confirm the damage but in my educated opinion the bullet performance was fatal. Hunting alone wears me out just trying to get pictures and getting them drug over to where the owner wants them deposited.

NYCHOGKILLER

LSB Member
He soaked up a 120gr SST like a man. It entered just below the left ear angling back toward the neck with no exit. I didn’t feel like doing a nekidcropsy like Brian does to confirm the damage but in my educated opinion the bullet performance was fatal. Hunting alone wears me out just trying to get pictures and getting them drug over to where the owner wants them deposited.
Great job... I love those 120gr SST.... boars are DRT

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You turned his lights Off ! Good job removing his bad habits from the gene pool,,, won't be teaching any other hogs how to destroy your feeders. Congrats on the Sus Boar down Chopper.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I hope he didn’t teach any others how to knock down feeders. There was another one running around almost as big as he was. It was taking advantage of the spilled corn, but I didn’t get pictures of him knocking anything down.

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Heck yes, bruiser down good shot! Photos?!?!

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Brian, I trimmed the video, but I kept the cross hairs on him with the safety off for almost another full minute. If his leg hadn’t stopped moving so quickly he would have gotten several insurance rounds. He tapped out at 255 lbs but looked like he was much heavier. The ranger I used to drag him almost bogged down when the chain tightened up.

Nice sized hog!

Wasn't condemning your lack of shooting! You handled things fine.

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice going! Good take-down on the feeder wrecker.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Heck yes, bruiser down good shot! Photos?!?!
I only got one photo and I don’t know how to post pictures since I dropped photobucket. What do you guys use now?

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
A long time ago TLM asked that we not use that because of the large amount of bandwidth it took up. I haven’t tried it since then.

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I think there is a file size limit?

I always edit my photo before posting. I “crop” it smaller which greatly reduces the file size.