Big Wooly Bugger

Jake

Bandera, Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Wednesday last week I set up a feeder in one of the smaller fields on the property we've had success on lately. I dug up a large area under the feeder with a digger fork so I could get a root hole going. I poured in some deer cane and sour corn and mixed it into the dirt. I also set out a pig pipe and dug 2 sour corn post holes. I checked it yesterday afternoon and the hogs hadn't hit it yet other than a few tracks where they'd been eating feeder corn. I poured some pigout and more sour corn under the feeder without stepping out of truck. Well my hunting buddy Tim and I couldn't have picked a better time to check it last night. We were actually targeting coyotes but snuck up to check the field on the way to calling. All we heard was grunting and squealing in every pitch. Around 30 hogs were rooting the holes, eating corn, and here was big wooly ugly pushing the pipe. I had first shot and the spotted nasty was on my side. It's too bad my cable came loose but you wouldn't have seen much anyway because there was only a light breeze and the IR lit up the smoke causing a total white-out after every shot. Sigh, can't wait for thermal. I had to shuffle about 4 steps right after each shot and try to aquire another target. It was tough but I was able to bring down the smaller black hog with 2 hits, center and spine. Tim felt good about the 1st shot but we never found the hog. He hit the other sow running and we found her after following a short blood trail into the cedar thicket. The boar had a huge skull and really nice set of teeth. I love the old curly wooly haired boars!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
now those are some cutters..nice job, too bad on the cable

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Gnarly ol' beast, he was. Congrats on that trio. Some nasty cutters on him too. Indeed, too bad about losing the cable/footage.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
way to go dude!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The Jake is stacking them up! Good job, that is a big old hog!

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great job! He was a big UN for sure.

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good shooting. Biiiigg Hog. Congrats.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
nice hogs down... keep the vids coming

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Big old ugly Obama hog there. Nice cutters on him too.