Bear on my deer trail camera

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I'd say you have you a corn thief on steroids.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That is a big bear too, stop feeding anything, it will move on, in 2 weeks you can put out food again and see if it is gone.

Fubar

Arrow Slinger
Yep, Tennessee. Had one on my camera last summer too. Wasn't as big as this one. I've stopped feeding because he destroyed temporarily my feeder. Got to get a new motor, etc. to bolt to the barrel.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
At least y'all have a bear season. As it stands right now, in Texas, we do not, though their numbers do appear to be growing (based on sightings).

Bummer on your gear. That is a good-sized bear!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I feel your pain...we have tons of bear but no season

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Need a good thermal for a walkabout around there.

How big do you think he is?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have been watching all these bear hunting shows on Sportsman. Bears weights are as bad as hogs w just pictures, I would guess 350

Fubar

Arrow Slinger
I have been watching all these bear hunting shows on Sportsman. Bears weights are as bad as hogs w just pictures, I would guess 350
Yea, no more that 350, I would have guessed just a touch over 320. I know my Wife asked me to walk with her up to the chicken coup last night while she closed the gate for them... I took my Benelli 12ga with 00-buck. It was that or the Marlin Guide gun in 45/70 which would be a good choice too. Had a couple of bear maulings north of here in the last couple of years so It's better to be safe than sorry. I grew up in bear country up north and they would run from you unless they lost their fear of man. This camera is about 80yds from the house so he's lost some fear. My scent is all over that area... Just being careful.. LOL

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah 80 yds from the house is too close. I am surprised he has not been into your stuff.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
We cannot shoot them destroying property or domestic animals only if they are attacking a human and you better have scratches or cuts, bite marks on you. Be prepared for a long investigation in either case.

You also cannot harass or say put razor wire where the bear might hurt themselves. Cause no harm or fear in the bear...just stoopid rules!

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
YUP, THAT LACK OF FEAR IS WHAT GETS THEM KILLED

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Then they chip and collar a lot of them, you never know so have to be very careful!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Just a little fellow. Time to fill a tag.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Yep same here in Texas. You better have all kinds of injuries if you shoot one. The ranchers down south follow the 3 S rule. Shoot, shovel and shutup.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
my sister lost all her bird feeders overnight to a bear up in Wisconsin, they have been out of hibernation for a little while, they had a really cold winter and lots of snow in Wisconsin this winter, bears are hungry