Armasight Zeus Pro Models

Terry

Texas, Land of the Free
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Has anyone seen or used one of the New 2015 model Zeus Pro Thermal sights? They look pretty interesting and very similar to the Atn Thor using simlar higher grade lens and waterproof machined housings plus a remote control and few upgraded features. The new Zeus Pro list it uses the newest FLIR Tau 2.72 core with DDE enhancement I'm not sure if that's the same core used in the Thor or a upgrade? I also wonder if you can change the weapon mount out to the Laure single lever ACOG stye mount? Looks like Armisight kicked the product line up a notch making the already hard choice of picking out a new a thermal scope even harder. LOL

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have played with the pre production pro line's they are very nice. I already considered the standard zeus a step up from the thor the pro line is a step up from the zeus. I'm most excited about the zeus pro 640 with the 100mm lens. I know Delta 4-3 was doing some kind of custom mounts for the armasight stuff you would have to ask him about the mounts, he should chime in here in a bit.

Terry

Texas, Land of the Free
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks for the reply, I was looking at the 640 model with 50mm 2X lens myself. The standard Pro model dual mount looks fine , just maybe alittle taller for a non AR type rifle for my taste,but that's normal as most of these scopes/mounts all seem to be designed for AR-15 rifles. Do you know if these Pro Model scopes have adjustable or auto contrast? Also size wise(bulk) are they same,smaller,bigger vs a similar lens sized Thor?

I've been shooting several diffferent ATN Thor models for around 3 years now and had zero issues with them myself after tons of serious field use, however the one thing I wish they had was a manual contrast control. They do have manual brightness control, but I believe the contrast is auto through the firmware. Its not a deal killer, but it's nice to be ale to adjust the contrast get the most detail in the image like my Pulsar HD mono's and IR hunter scope.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The new pro will have adjustable contrast and sharpness I begged them to add it! I have been told the new standard zeus and apollo will have the same adjustments. Right now they are in the menu but will eventually be controlled by the buttons if everything goes as planned.

The pre production pro line had the same mounts as my standard zeus, who knows what they will have eventually. To me the mount is the one weak link it works but could be better. I know everything on the pro line is manufactured and assembled in Arizona except for the mount.

Good to hear the thors are holding up for you Ive only got to play with a few of them. But the thor was the first thermal I actually hunted with of course it was awesome! It kept shutting off with recoil seems to be a recurring theme with them its good to know they got that worked out. I was always Leary of ATN but its probably a Ford vs Chevy thing they will both get the job done in most cases.

Terry

Texas, Land of the Free
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Cool, that's great news on the contrast/sharpness manual adjustments. I personally would also rather have a single throw lever mount on the 50mm and below lens size models something like on the clip-on models. It appears that actual hunter feedback is starting to influence a lot of thermal scope design nowadays and this second generation of Armasight weapon sights seems to have taken those lessons into account.

I started a serious NV hobby (or addiction LOL) over 20 years ago and everything was tactical/military design. A lot of tactical/military models work great for hunting also, but hunting is a whole different game and sometimes it's the small touches that make all the difference when hunting critters not bad guys.

Yep , on the Thor ATN did have to stiffen the battery compartments springs to prevent some of the shut of issues on earlier models.You would think the side loaded batteries would prevent connection issues, however recoil has a funny way of finding any weakness in design. I think ATN has a pretty solid product with the Thor right now as they should. They have had a couple years of production to address early issues and keep upgrading firmware over time.

It seems most thermal companies the last few years have rushed product to market (as demanded by the consumer a lot of times) only to have early hardware and firmware issues to iron out in early production runs.

Thanks for taking the time to answer questions it's always nice to hear from someone that has handled the scope.

Last edited:

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Delta 4-3 knows way more about them than I do he is out of town with limited service right now though. Once I get the units to try out I can give you better answers.

slim_shady

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The new pro will have adjustable contrast and sharpness I begged them to add it!

If you have there ear, Ya know what would be really nice. If they could set up the software to include a more then one "zero" with the push of a button. With the set distance displayed on the screen. Aaron says they have an ir range finder that plugs into the scopes in the works. Between the two, it would be much easier to make a 300 yard shot.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
If you have there ear, Ya know what would be really nice. If they could set up the software to include a more then one "zero" with the push of a button. With the set distance displayed on the screen. Aaron says they have an ir range finder that plugs into the scopes in the works. Between the two, it would be much easier to make a 300 yard shot.
Couldn't you do that using rifle 1-2-3?

JPK

LSB Active Member
From your post I wasn't sure if you knew that they currently have the ability to save three different zero's [according to the manual I down loaded.] Don't know how quick and easy it is to get to an alternative zero through the functions though.

Ncorry

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I played with one of the 30hz 42mm 640 non-Pro Zeus this weekend that I got from Aaron. It does have contrast and sharpness control, but you have to click through a couple of icons to get to it. I sold my T320 2x 60hz Thor a month ago to get into one of the 640 Zeus options. So far, I am a happy camper for doing so. The mount appears to be the same as the extra QD mount I ordered for a couple of buddies' Nemesis scopes. It is workable but could be better as stated above.

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
... they currently have the ability to save three different zero's ...
My 42mm Apollo non-pro SW version 2014.04.01 does have multiple zero save capability . On my menu it is under settings and then under "rifle profile" ... there are three rifle profiles ... you can toggle between the rifle profiles to expose the different saves.

My unit does NOT have contrast or sharpness (that I can find) so that must be newer than my SW version.

Last edited:

Terry

Texas, Land of the Free
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I wonder when the Zeus Pro models will start shipping?

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's a great question .... Said last week that they would ship this week. Between myself and a friend we got $30K ordered.....

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
Another friend said he had an Apollo Pro on order that was supposed to ship last Friday. But he also said Armasight talked him in to a 30hz model. Friend said Armasight gave 2 reasons: Don't need 60hz and it would be an additional 2 month delay if you want a 60hz. Friend said Armasight said the new 60hz cores were "different" and cost $1k more. Those are the words friend said. I'll post if I hear of someone receiving a new Pro (other than a demo unit).

Last edited:

Ncorry

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Friend said Armasight said the new 60hz cores were "different" and cost $1 more.

I noticed that the prices on Armasight's site for the 60hz Zeus 640 cores (non-Pro) recently jumped about $800, while the prices for the 30hz remained the same.