Armasight Q14 "shot counter"

shawns

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Just sold my Insight MTM and replaced with Q14 640 30hz. The owners manual shows "image capture" in the menu. It looks like this must have been replaced because now "shot counter" is in its place when I actually go to the menu on my Q14. I'm assuming like some of my other Armasight thermals is that the manuals don't get updated as quickly as the units. Therefore, what is "shot counter"? No reference or explanation of it anywhere that I can find. Also, not that I need image capture, but wonder why they did away with it?
Any info appreciated!
Thanks,
Shawn

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The shot counter is for the pro line scopes, far as I know there was never a capture image on the q14. The manual covers all of the scopes.

shawns

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Resolution is great. Seems to be very solid and well constructed. The buttons don't exactly line up where my fingers normally rest like it did with my MTM. Definitely lighter and smaller so it should be a plus when scanning for hours. It does have the typical lag time when you press a button in menu just like my Zeus 75mm scope. I did have to rig up my own neck lanyard because it doesn't come with one. Seem to have to nuc it a little more often. Of course im comparing to the Insight MTM because that's the only other handheld I've ever owned and yes it's also double the price. I've had to change batteries more often due to single battery vs two in my old unit. I will report back on battery life after I use it a little more. Right now on battery number 3 just from playing with it after work the past several nights getting familiar with it. Only sold my MTM because of fear of zero warranty. The Q14 is a very nice unit but if my MTM was under some sort of warranty, I would never have sold it. Don't get me wrong, Overall it seems top notch for the money. Small, light, clear!

Side note when ordering thru a third party dealer. A lot of dealers are using an old ad on their web pages. The old ad says " with laser pointer, weapons mount , and goggle kit in the details. it doesn't not come with these things. They are optional.

Over all I do not think anyone would be disappointed with the Q14.

Terry

Texas, Land of the Free
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have a new Armasight Q14 336 model on order myself right now. I hope the wait isn't to long as Q14 post like this make the suffering seem longer. LOL