Armasight Predator Hunt/Review

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Lancer and I went looking for hogs on Halloween night. As the sun started to set he and I zeroed our rifles with some new scopes to evaluate and try out on the swine that have been continually tearing up the dairies. I was lucky enough to setup my rifle with a new Armasight Predator and Lancer with a Pulsar Apex. Both scopes were provided to us by ******************* and is the kickoff for us being part of their Pro Staff. Thank you, ********

The first dairy we made it to was covered in mud and sloppy and we had a long hike to the sounder of hogs we spotted. I think we trudged through .5 mile of freshly plowed and planted, 6 inch deep mud to reach the vermin, but it was completely worth it. The six hogs we saw from roughly 500 yards away turned into around 30 once we cleared a rise and had a clear view of the area!

The night was around 52 degrees f, 95% humidity, with a slight breeze. The video is through the Armasight Predator. Lancer and Mike are to my right with most of the hogs. The first boar I shoot is 120 yards and the second runner is around 40 yards. The summersaulting piglet is at 50 yards.

I feel that the Armasight Predator is a great scope to get started with thermal hunting. It is lightweight, robust, and made with the same parts as Armasight's more expensive scopes. The 19mm lens, 336x256 pixel array, and Tau 2 17 micron Flir core pair well together to create a very useable/affordable option. This scope is very effective for the typical hunting ranges of 30-175 yards. Enjoy the video.

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Lancer and I went looking for hogs on Halloween night. As the sun started to set he and I zeroed our rifles with some new scopes to evaluate and try out on the swine that have been continually tearing up the dairies. I was lucky enough to setup my rifle with a new Armasight Predator and Lancer with a Pulsar Apex. Both scopes were provided to us by ******************* and is the kickoff for us being part of their Pro Staff. Thank you, ********

The first dairy we made it to was covered in mud and sloppy and we had a long hike to the sounder of hogs we spotted. I think we trudged through .5 mile of freshly plowed and planted, 6 inch deep mud to reach the vermin, but it was completely worth it. The six hogs we saw from roughly 500 yards away turned into around 30 once we cleared a rise and had a clear view of the area!

The night was around 52 degrees f, 95% humidity, with a slight breeze. The video is through the Armasight Predator. Lancer and Mike are to my right with most of the hogs. The first boar I shoot is 120 yards and the second runner is around 40 yards. The summersaulting piglet is at 50 yards.

I feel that the Armasight Predator is a great scope to get started with thermal hunting. It is lightweight, robust, and made with the same parts as Armasight's more expensive scopes. The 19mm lens, 336x256 pixel array, and Tau 2 17 micron Flir core pair well together to create a very useable/affordable option. This scope is very effective for the typical hunting ranges of 30-175 yards. Enjoy the video.

I like your style... Take the long shots.

Lancer

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good job on the video!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice video and good shooting. This working at a job is getting in the way of me having fun like that.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
great vid and good shot on the 3rd hog

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great stuff. Love how he flipped when you hit em!

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very cool, that was a mess of pork!!! Way to go guys!!! BANG BANG!!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great action there. Congrats on the kills guys.+1 to loving the end-over-tea-kettle flop.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
thats how its done.. great shooting man

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Thanks everyone. The Armasight predator is a good scope for the money. More video coming your way after this weekend.

Last edited: