Apex XD50 2-4x42

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I am impressed so far with these scopes.

Terry

Texas, Land of the Free
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yes the image quality on these scopes is very impressive. One of the land owners we lease land from bought a new XD50 and HD38A monocular they makes a very nice combo.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Just found out I might have a chance to use it this weekend. Depending on the weather?? Might be heading over to the West side of San Anton, maybe I can get a hog that has ran away from Dan and Jake!!:) BANG BANG!!

If not I can look at the squirrels around the ole neighbor hood and see what is prowling around at night!.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
WOW!! The scope showed up already!! First thing I noticed is,, it is very lite. More later!!:) BANG BANG!!

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The darn thing would not turn on!! No matter what I did. A call to customer service and he said no problems we can fix it right quick!! Told me to look at the battery and sure enough the batteries that came with it when you put the - side up there is a ring on them. He told me to cut off the plastic and then the ring fell out put it back in and BOOM it turned on. Plastic ring would not allow contact. This thing is great and the picture even in the day time is fantastic!!!. Thunder storms dancing around us or else I would be off to the range. Maybe tomorrow. Easy to operate and already calibrated and focused, goin to have mucho fun with this thing!! BANG BANG!!

Last edited:

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
The darn thing would not turn on!! No matter what I did. A call to customer service and he said no problems we can fix it right quick!! Told me to look at the battery and sure enough the batteries that came with it when you put the - side up there is a ring on them. He told me to cut off the plastic and then the ring fell out put it back in and BOOM it turned on. Plastic ring would not allow contact. This thing is great and the picture even in the day time is fantastic!!!. Thunder storms dancing around us or else I would be off to the range. Maybe tomorrow. Easy to operate and already calibrated and focused, goin to have mucho fun with this thing!! BANG BANG!!
I think you will enjoy that unit. Have fun with it and let us know how it works.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Mounted to the rifle, and messing with it outside in the dark and it is even better in the dark,, well,,, put it like this it is great in the dark and even good during the daylight. The picture is crisp and clear and the knob to operate this unit is a blast to turn and adjust settings on it. The wife got in on the action also. There was a little puppy dog in the middle of the street about 40 yrds away and of course you could not see him there but when she looked thru the scope she said oh look there is a dog in the street down the road. She thought that was something else that you could see the dog with the scope and not even know it was there with the naked eye. We looked at the neighbor hood and nothing else was moving but you could see warm engines, fence line and anything else you would care to look at. Heck of scope and even though I in no way go hog hunting that much I am very happy I bought the thing, it is a keeper fo sure! Off to the range in the AM if it is not raining out! BANG BANG!!

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Got to the range in the Am. Was doing well until someone showed up with a 300 something and an obnoxious brake that blew me away every time he fired, (Oh Well). Eyes are getting worse and could not see where I was hitting and was having trouble seeing the cross hairs you move to zero it in so I had to move around to see them. Got on paper and then put on the one targets that turn green when you whack them. Got out to 100 and had to use a spotting scope to see where I was shooting and still could not tell and now it was getting warmer. Meander down the 100 yrds and dang if I wasn't hitting bullet holes, that is why I could not see a difference. Anywhos got it all straightened out and it is dead on so good to go. Scope is a blast to operate played around some with that and the rifle shoots straight too. Now just wait to go shoot at some porkage!! BANG BANG!!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats on getting it dialed in. Been too long, need to get to a range one of these days. Working 7 days a week now for a while though. Ugh. LOL

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Way to go. BANG BANG!

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sounds like a pretty good problem to have

D