FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
good job, how far was the shot?

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I could not walk directly to the coyote but I'm guessing it was at least 150 yards and less than 200?

It was a young one.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
nice shot at that distance especially

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice. That call sounded like a duck call lol.
Now that I think about it. Time was, when a predator call was modified by goose hunters into a very effective Specklebelly call. I think the Faulk call was preferred for this mod?

In person, my call does resemble a speck call.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
It's funny, because there isn't much of a difference. One of my favorite predator calls when I'm not using the foxpro, is a cow elk call. I just bite down hard near the tip and it makes this awful squealing noise.

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
It's funny, because there isn't much of a difference. One of my favorite predator calls when I'm not using the foxpro, is a cow elk call. I just bite down hard near the tip and it makes this awful squealing noise.
I'm sure I am simply overdoing it when I use my FoxPro, but over my limited predator career I have had better results using my mouth call.

I actually prefer the simplicity of just taking a hike and being able to stop somewhere, amd just start blowing the call for a few minutes and move on if necessary.

However, the first time I used my FoxPro I did have a coyote come racing in and totally surprised me, caught me offguard it happened so fast. I missed that one.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
awesome