A few more kills... some pigs and some dirt

BDubbs

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The gang got together two nights in a row for a little thrashing, but we were hobbled from the get go with Cletus not being able to join in :( even though it was such a more peaceful experience we did miss his rifle lol Uncle Si filled in admirably for him though! The first night we broke away from our usual stuff to go help a local farmer and the first thing we found was a monster boar in the long grass. The only way we could see him was standing up in the seat of the shooting rack in back of the truck and couldn't get closer than 200 yards so... it worked out other than my rifle double firing and me holding it so loose like an idiot, but we killed him anyway lol We moved on and found 6 more working over some nutgrass and managed to get all of them ( my rifle decided to stop double firing midway through this fight and has been fine since. I cleaned it prior to this hunt so maybe it likes being a little dirty, idk) After piling these for the TBPS we went to another property and covered most all of it wout finding another pig, then right before giving up and calling it a night we walked across a pipe bridge to look in one more field and a large boar busted up out of the creek right at our feet and Uncle Si shot him in the family jewels as he's running away while i'm waiting on my recorder to come on... I barely got video of the follow up shot putting him down for the count. The next night was business as usual running around from Covert to Covert, but we'd be at the wrong place at the right time for the big herds lol We killed some very nice boar hogs though!

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Looks like the buzzards and yotes will be eating well for a while... Great fun - congrats!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
It sounds like a war when you guys are in the woods. I found myself rooting for the little piglet that ran the gauntlet only to explode down the road.

OneK

LSB Active Member
Staff member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I really liked the doubles! Lots of fun.

BDubbs

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
lol, we try to cut up and have a good time and maybe kill a few :) Those little pigs in that one clip ate everyone's lunch...I think we were all kinda pulling for that one that came back across though until BR himself squared him up lol That rascal saved my terrible shooting in that last clip as well... He and Uncle Si shot the boar on the left and after my 3 bad hits on my boar he rolled him up before he got in line with the cows... I'll hear all about it till next time when I cover his tail! lol

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Haha like a war zone ... congrats on the hogs!

BDubbs

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
that shooting sounded like some ambushes I was in in Vietnam
There were 4 shooters having a little fun in the clip with the pigs... btw, thank you very much for your service, i can't imagine what those ambushes must have been like or the rest of it for that matter...