9 Sows Down

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well, I know that 8 are definitely sows and somewhere along the way, we misplaced #9 that I think was a sow. It was well after 5 am after hunting all night. I know we got distances measured to the hogs killed, but forgot to collect one, LOL.

Got on the first group after a couple of hours of checking properties during the prior evening. Kent spied them and we made our stalk. He is shooting 300 BO and wanted to get in closer, but when he could see the hogs with his unaided eye, he thought we were close enough. Ha! We took 3 from that group and then spent hours making the rounds between properties.

What really made Kent mad is that we kept driving by this large sounder of hogs across the street from one of my places. They were there for hours and there wasn't anything we could do about it.

Finally, we decided to call it a night and I drove him back to his truck that was parked on my of my properties. Kent was transferring gear over to his truck when I spotted hogs down in the far pasture. About the first 300 yards of the stalk was blind, losing sight of the hogs due to terrain, then we came over the rise and there they were...

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice going! Good shooting on running hogs.

But, Kent's killing my OCD by having the incorrect date & time on his recorder! :eek:

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice going! Good shooting on running hogs.

But, Kent's killing my OCD by having the incorrect date & time on his recorder! :eek:

Yeah, that drove me crazy as well. He had not tried to use the recorder since last year. He also had the audio turned off and I had to dub in the audio from my recorder for his video. I am supposed to hunt with him this weekend. We are going to take care of these discrepancies, LOL.

A truly jaw dropping shot B. Nice work.

A bit too much lead on that one. I definitely did not want him getting away.

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Holy crap - those are some huge sounder groups you are finding Brian!
Good kill numbers,, Congrats guys.

J BAR K

Just trying to make a day.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Wow those sounders are large! Good shooting to thin them out.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nicely done

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good hogs down!! Dang there were a lot of hogs in that neighboring property!