5 down

dwa

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Got 5 kills on camera last night. Came out the gate and shot three right off the bat. 1 small sow and 2 shoats. Kinda uneventful after that for a while. Ended up getting on a good group and dropping these 2 right there leaving others hit good enough that I bet they aren't moving around good this morning. Can I get a Head shot!? Video coming soon

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice! Maybe you should try a single shot to even the odds a little lol!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good shootin' swiss cheese!
look at that snout

dwa

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Lol you guys beat me up enough about the ar so I had to show up. Since almost all these pigs showing up are 80-125 lbs I'm going to use my new turd gun with the sightmark on top. Hold ......hold..

. it's a HI POINT 40 s&w carbine. Yeah about prove some fellas wrong or right about the killing effectiveness of a pistol caliber carbine.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Good hogs. Will be interesting to see your results with the 40.

Which bullets /ammo are you using?

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Lol you guys beat me up enough about the ar so I had to show up. Since almost all these pigs showing up are 80-125 lbs I'm going to use my new turd gun with the sightmark on top. Hold ......hold..

. it's a HI POINT 40 s&w carbine. Yeah about prove some fellas wrong or right about the killing effectiveness of a pistol caliber carbine.

I read where there were folks getting over 1500 fps from .45 acp from carbines. I didn't believe it until we ran our own tests. Sure enough, with 160 gr. ammo, a bunch would be close to 1500 or over and I think two topped 1600. We didn't see any really amazing improvements with most of the 230 gr. ammo, but the 160 stuff had some screamers.

You might be able to find comparable with the .40 as well.

Given the luck some folks have with subsonic rifle rounds, there is no reason you should not do well with pistol caliber rounds as well.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
what optic setup are you running?

I see a light but am unsure of the rest of the rig.

looks like it was effective, whatever it is

nice hogs

dwa

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
It's the sightmark photon aka the honda civic of night vision.

dehoganator

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Honda civic, made a lot of carnage.haha.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
the 44 mag super or subsonic has killed tons of hogs!