458 socom specialty ammo gel test.

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Grest comparison of what terminal performance may be expected from this ammo at the closer ranges. The user must remember that the B.C. of these bullets are extremely low if compaired to the "normal" bullets that we are used to. So if you expect to reach out there to 200yds the terminal performance could vary somewhat.
The vid ALMOST makes me want another big bore AR,having owned 50Beowulf for some years. If so,my next will be a 45Raptor. ---- pruhdlr

Last edited:

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
How is the Anvil comparing to the Tromix set-up?

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
cmmg_004_mkwa_boltfaces_01s.jpg
How is the Anvil comparing to the Tromix set-up?

Tromix contacted me at one point wanted me to try out their rifle, but then went radio silent. So I have only used the Anvil, but the Anvil is built around the ar10 bolt so its much stronger.

Anvil on the right.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
View attachment 4375

Tromix contacted me at one point wanted me to try out their rifle, but then went radio silent. So I have only used the Anvil, but the Anvil is built around the ar10 bolt so its much stronger.

Anvil on the right.
So? The Anvil runs off the AR10 platform, and the Tromix uses the AR15 platform?

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So? The Anvil runs off the AR10 platform, and the Tromix uses the AR15 platform?
Anvil Is what they call a mid ar something between the AR15 and AR10. But yes far as I know all other 458socoms run off ar15 size bolts.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Anvil Is what they call a mid ar something between the AR15 and AR10. But yes far as I know all other 458socoms run off ar15 size bolts.
It appears the BCG in the side by side pix are different... that's why I'm asking/assuming that what you're saying is: It's an intermediate (AR10 strength) upper, mated to an AR15 lower? Sort of like H's "Next Gen" rifles?

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Rifle, MkW-15 T, .458 SOCOM, SBN, ANVIL | CMMG Inc.

The MkW ANVIL is a new platform for 2016, combining, the strength of the MUTANT mid-size platform and our POWERBOLT technology, with the ballistic energy of the 458 SOCOM. The MkW features the CMMG mid-sized receivers based on our Mk3 platform carved from billet 7075-T6 aluminum. The MkW was engineered to harness the full potential of the 458 SOCOM cartridge utilizing the POWERBOLT technology based off our Mk3. The unique MkW lower receiver readily accepts all standard AR15 magazines. Every MkW T rifle comes equipped with an SLR adjustable gas block to allow for tailoring your rifle to the round you choose to unleash, CMMG-modified LANCER L5-AWM magazine and CMMG’s lifetime quality guarantee

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Rifle, MkW-15 T, .458 SOCOM, SBN, ANVIL | CMMG Inc.

The MkW ANVIL is a new platform for 2016, combining, the strength of the MUTANT mid-size platform and our POWERBOLT technology, with the ballistic energy of the 458 SOCOM. The MkW features the CMMG mid-sized receivers based on our Mk3 platform carved from billet 7075-T6 aluminum. The MkW was engineered to harness the full potential of the 458 SOCOM cartridge utilizing the POWERBOLT technology based off our Mk3. The unique MkW lower receiver readily accepts all standard AR15 magazines. Every MkW T rifle comes equipped with an SLR adjustable gas block to allow for tailoring your rifle to the round you choose to unleash, CMMG-modified LANCER L5-AWM magazine and CMMG’s lifetime quality guarantee

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Inktristink