450B hog with a green light

mc68

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I took this hog tonight just after dark using a green light. The hog was only 50 yards away and weighed 60 pounds. I have been wanting to use my 450B to take a hog using the Remington 260gr round. I was disappointed with the lack of penetration. I shot the hog in the shoulder and it dropped in its tracks (that was good). When I flipped the hog over there was no exit (not good). I could feel the bullet just under the skin. Both shoulders were broken (again that is good).
I cut the bullet out and took some pictures. In the past I used the Hornady ammo with great results. I think I will go back to using it again. I really like the 450B and will continue to use it as my hog rifle. I will just use Hornady ammo.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very nice, glad another got out this weekend!! Nice going. Thanks for posting. BANG BANG!!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats, in the 6.8 world, Remington ammo is WEAK.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
M'be it is with the thumper too.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I always like the 405 gr remington sp for my 45/70 but I loaded them myself. Even though you did not get complete penetration that bullet looks like it performed well.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That looks like a massive injury to the hog, I am not sure I would change much...nice shooting

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
I would say if you had that penetration in a 200 pound hog, would be good. I use the factory 250 gr FTX's, haven't shot a hog with them but my friend shot 140, 160, 188 and 300 pound boars with them, all DRT. 3 of the 4 were neck shots, one through the shoulder, so I would recommend them.

Congrats on the hog.