3 lil pigs with a bow

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Someone once asked me why I didn’t bow hunt. That shooting hogs with a rifle was getting too easy for me. I told him didn’t have much use for a bow, never said I couldn’t use one. I killed these three this evening, makes 6 in the last couple of weeks. I think I need to go back to shooting them with a rifle, ammos cheaper!

995502_606443946060969_645653113_n.jpg

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Very nice.

I haven't bothered shooting a hog with a bow in a couple years. However, its the only way I hunt whitetail. You're right. Ammo is a lot cheaper than arrows and broadheads.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
nice, i'll probably try some with my crossbow this winter, maybe, have too many guns I want to try first

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'd love to poke a pig with my longbow I made.

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
on my list is recurve and spear..........................pics coming soon!

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I took a doe and a button head buck last year with a recurve. I didn't practice with it enough this year to feel confident to take it in the woods. It is definitely a skill you have to keep up with or at least it is for me. I would like to try a spear once time and maybe even a suppressed pistol with night vision and an IR laser. Imagine sneaking in to 10-15 yards of a whole sounder of them in the dark! Then opening up with a suppressed .45 or 10MM, recurve, or spear! Sounds like a good time to me.