3 hogs down

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
My wife hunted without me this evening. She called just before dark and said she had 2 hogs down. Called back just after dark with a 3rd hog down.

Michelle said she slipped up on this wallow and there was a big boar laying in it. She shot him before he got up!
1239447_585874894784541_2074052295_n.jpg

1176228_585875024784528_522608034_n.jpg

While Michelle and my daughter were taking pictures of the boar they heard hogs in the distance. They squatted behind the boar and started using the grunt tubes to call and the hogs came right to them. Michelle shot a big sow. While they were trailing the sow Michelle shot another one twice. It ran off into the brush and their light was going dead before they found it so we’ll go back tomorrow to find it.
1234297_585875158117848_1954147873_n.jpg

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm confused by the tale/pix? She shot the boar before it got out of the mud... but the boar doesn't appear all caked in mud?

You'd better get busy, those girls are kickin' yer butt for hogs down. LOL

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I see in all your pics, bare arms, we would get eaten up by skeeters dressed like that, even if just taking pics. Good kills, are they all on your property??

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good Job! Although making it sound too easy. I struck out last night, not a hog to be found. Couple coons almost got thumped but couldn't do it.

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Decided to go back out with near around midnight to look for the third hog. It still took us nearly 2 hours to find it. The bloodtrails crossed very near where the second hog was laying. Got in around 3am.
1240183_585911541447543_658834815_n.jpg

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
ratdog, it was the hog in the first pic that was in the mud. if you look closely you'll see mud on Michelle's hand. the side that is to her was caked in mud. He hadn't wallowed on the other side yet. She said he was just laying there sleeping. second one she's killed there like that.

Mosquittos ? you gotta have water to have mosquittos! that water hole is usually about 6 feet deep and running. Only water we know of still in that creek and it will be gone in a few more days.

No we do not hunt our own land. Our land doesn't have hogs or deer. We have access to thousands of acres at landowner requests from Texas all the way to Nebraska for either hogs or predators. Of course we get to hunt other critters as well.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
wow, nice not to have bugs not carrying you off but I guess the rain is needed. My lease has had 50+" of rain this year and we are about to be carried away, they laugh at the thermacells!

Andre Lopes

Boar Hunter from Southern Brazil
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Congratulations! Job well done!
His wife has long been fully accredited to join the club! And from what I've seen, I believe that your entire family will soon be linked to the club!
Congrats!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very nice I found one like that a few years back. He was asleep on the side of a pond looked like a log! His tail twitching was the only thing that gave him away.

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
she said his ear flickered.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Years ago my father taught me that when deer hunting to look for the ears, not the deer. Seems to work!
Makes perfect sense. It's amazing how they can just "vanish" right in front of you... but those ears rarely remain still for long.