240lb Boar & ATN Shot Trak

81police

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I don't usually have stories but this one is short. I spotted this boar about a month ago, he was approx. 600 yards out mingling with a sounder at about 10am. He broke from the group and started making his way towards me. So...this is when the boar fever hit me. Yes it happens sometimes and this time it caught me good. I had looked at this big boy far too long. The boar came within 225 yards, a shot I was comfortable with, but I just couldn't get steady from the adrenaline shakes. Can I get a witness?!?!

So this weekend we checked cameras and saw this particular boar multiple times. He didn't make it out the first evening but the second he slipped up. He went to the top feeder at 120 yards and the 6.5 Grendel DRT'd him. Slight quartering shoulder shot using a 120gr. Barnes TSX. He taped out to 240lbs.

IMG_0013_zps82649c1b.jpg

IMG_20141102_174848336_zpsb3c0d90a.jpg

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Reverend!!! He dropped like a sack of concrete!! Nice porker and nice shot. Love the Grendel!! BANG BANG!!

Is that the TTSX?? some call them the TSX and some the TTSX? is that the same bullet??

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
240 would have been a great start

81police

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Even better FrankT, would have been this one dad one-upped me with the evening prior. He shot this 245lb boar about a mile up river from me with this 260 Rem (and 120gr. TTSX).

245lbBoar_zps65d77a18.jpg

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great! Make that sign!

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yup you guys have some hogs. Very nice picture. That is a heck of a hog!! BANG BANG!!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
An Obama hog... was he full of foul smelling goo? Nice shots on both.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Congrats to your and your dad, can't believe I missed this thread. How are you liking the Shot Track? I need to find a recorder that has a zoom feature to it, I know the Shot Track doesn't, but looks to be a good camera for the price.